- Although antibiotics are generally thought of in the context of treating infections within our healthcare systems, that’s not where most are actually used. Globally, around 73% of all antibiotics are used in animals grown for food.
- What distinguishes a muscle cell from a fat cell or a skin cell? The answer is “gene expression.” Although genome sequencing and analysis has been employed vastly in the study of disease and pharmaceuticals, there has been little application in the emerging field of cellular agriculture.
- How do you feed 10 billion people? The university that helped turn California’s wine industry from afterthought into economic juggernaut has set its sights on cultivated meat.
- Food Edge Virtual Summit 2021
May 4-6, 2021
- Tuck Virtual Summit on AgTech
May 4-6, 2021
- Commercial fermentation: Opportunities and bottlenecks
May 13, 2021
- Plant-Based Foods & Proteins Summit Europe 2021
May 18-19, 2021
- Cellular Agriculture: Asia Summit 2021
May 20, 2021
- Plant-Based Foods & Proteins Europe 2021 Virtual Research Conference
May 20-21, 2021
Extruded meat substitutes, due to their high protein content, meat-like texture and meat processing compatibility, are very popular as the main ingredient of plant-based burger patties. The… read more
The meat production industry is one of the leading contributors of greenhouse gas emissions. Cultured meat presents itself as a potential eco- and animal-friendly meat substitute which has the… read more
It is projected that by the year 2050, there will be insufficient land suitable for agriculture to feed the world. Cellular agriculture has the potential to produce meat that replicates the… read more
United Nations estimates that by the year 2050, the population of nearly 10 billion people will have 70% higher food demands than the current food systems can provide for. This needs to be… read more
Retail sales of fluid cow’s milk are decreasing while those of plant-based milk analogues are increasing. In this study, we model the relationship between households’ purchases of both types of… read more
Metabolic engineering of mammalian cells has to-date focused primarily on biopharmaceutical protein production or the manipulation of native metabolic processes towards therapeutic aims. However,… read more
Advances in farming technology and intensification of animal agriculture increase the cost-efficiency and production volume of meat. Thus, in developed nations, meat is relatively inexpensive and… read more