The Human Health Implications of Plant-Based and Cultivated Meat for Pandemic Prevention and Climate Mitigation
In my new book How to Survive a Pandemic and my last COVID-19 Webinar I marveled at the constellation of new consumer choices in the dairy and meat aisle helping to innovate us out of our precarious situation with regards to the pandemic threats posed by animal agriculture. Plant-based meats, milks, and egg products—as well as even more pioneering approaches involving cellular agriculture—could also offer enormous benefits for the climate crisis. But what are the nutritional and personal human health effects of eating products like Beyond Meat and the Impossible Burger, or even actual animal products grown without the animals?
I did a deep dive and crafted a dozen videos on the topic that I’m going to unveil in a 2-hour live webinar with Q&A at 2pm ET on August 26th:
- The Environmental Impacts of Plant-Based Meat Alternatives
- Are Beyond Meat and the Impossible Burger Healthy?
- Are Pea and Soy Protein Isolates Harmful?
- Plant-Based Meat Alternatives Put to the Test
- The Health Effects of Mycoprotein (Quorn) Products
- What About the Heme in Impossible Burgers?
- Does Heme Iron Cause Cancer?
- Heme-Induced N-Nitroso Compounds and Fat Oxidation
- Is Heme the Reason Meat Is Carcinogenic?
- The Human Health Effects of Cultivated Meat: Food Safety
- The Human Health Effects of Cultivated Meat: Antibiotic Resistance
- The Human Health Effects of Cultivated Meat: Chemical Safety
All of these videos will eventually be available for free on NutritionFacts.org, but if you don’t want to wait, you can watch it all now by joining me in this live webinar and get your burning questions answered.
Date: August 26th, 2020 at 2:00 PM ET
Duration: 2 Hours
Last Day to Register: August 19th, 2020