About Roslin Technologies
Roslin Technologies is an ambitious, cutting‐edge biotech company focused on food and agriculture. Our mission is to advance disruptive biotechnologies to improve how we produce proteins. We envision a world where everyone has access to affordable, nutritious and responsibly produced protein. Alternative proteins are key to addressing the need for more food.
We focus on providing superior biological materials to alternative protein supply chains. Today, our core competency (>80% of our business) is to provide self-replicating cell lines to cultivated meat producers globally. Cultivated meat is meat grown directly from stem cells without the need to raise animals. Roslin Tech has the most advanced cell lines, is the only independent provider globally and we ship cells to customers in the UK, EU, North America, and Asia. We are rapidly growing and work very closely with our customers. In addition to our cell line platform, we are developing and commercialising a breeding programme for black soldier fly to support the emerging insect protein sector which is the prime example of circular and sustainable agriculture. At Roslin Tech we benefit from a privileged relationship with Roslin Institute, the creator of Dolly the Sheep, and many other scientific breakthroughs in animal protein.
Our state-of-the-art laboratories and dedicated insect breeding units are located at and near the Roslin Innovation Centre near Edinburgh.
About the role
To support the rapid growth of our business, we strive to increase the reach and impact of our marketing and communications efforts. The Marketing & Communications Manager designs, develops and implements marketing programs and communication strategies to support the organisation's brand positioning and products to customers, partners, investors and the broader alternative protein sector. The role closely communicates with our technical and commercial teams and offers great opportunities for personal growth as we are rapidly expanding the business.
Core duties and responsibilities
- Continuously refine Roslin Tech’s brand and product positioning and, with the commercial & scientific team, define marketing & communication strategies to support our commercial goals
- Lead the execution of marketing & communication programs from start-to-finish, driving collaboration with the key internal and external stakeholders with the goal to increase the reach and impact of Roslin Tech’s profile and visibility
- From an implementation perspective, be responsible for:
- Roslin Tech’s UK-focused and international PR effort
- The development (or oversight thereof) of compelling, creative marketing collateral
- The management of our marketing agencies and communication advisors
- Upholding Roslin Tech’s brand positioning
- Collecting and analysing feedback to inform improvements to the marketing strategies
- Managing the marketing deliverables on time and within budget
- Keeping colleagues informed of our external engagements
- Other responsibilities as may be required from time to time
- This role is full-time, based in our Edinburgh office, and may require up to 10 days of travel per year
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications
- 5+ years of marketing experience in a relevant field
- Experience in biotechnology, food & agriculture, or alternative proteins preferred
- Able to communicate effectively with a wide range of people
- Adaptability and ability to understand and quickly communicate new concepts in simple ways
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills: attention to detail, flexibility, and ability to collaborate with others and to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work independently
- Competence as a writer with an eye for editing and proofing
- Skills in website management, social media management, creative design are a plus
- Able to work under pressure, with a positive “can –do” attitude
Roslin Technologies offers
- Competitive and attractive salary and generous company pension plan
- A passionate work environment focused on a fast-growing field, using ground-breaking stem cell technologies
- Strong emphasis on team performance and personal development
- Regular company events to foster our culture
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter explaining why you have applied for the post to [email protected]. Closing date 31st March 2022 however applications will be reviewed as they come in.