EVERY™, based in South San Francisco, is a leading VC-backed food tech ingredient company using precision fermentation to create animal proteins without the animal for the global food and beverage industry. Originally founded as Clara Foods in 2014, EVERY™ rebranded in 2021 to better convey its vision to bring animal-free proteins to everyone, everywhere. EVERY™ is a team of passionate change makers who are reimagining the factory farm model with a kinder, more sustainable alternative. Leveraging precision fermentation to produce hyper-functional and one-to-one replacement proteins from microorganisms, EVERY™ is on a mission to decouple the world’s proteins from the animals that make them.
We are a passionate, determined, (and fun!) team with a vital objective, and we're on the lookout for like-minded people to join our mission. Sound like you?
You’ll be leading EVERY ’s people team, originally as a team of one and a half, reporting to the COO. You will need to be a player and a coach, leading the people strategy, managing people programs and eventually building the team. The Director of People Ops at EVERY™ is a cultural co-founder of our inclusive, positive and highly productive work experience to achieve our mission to shut down the last factory farm on Earth. Your focus for the next year will include improving professional development and training from entry-level through managers, rethinking our benefits, building scalable people systems, working with our culture and DEI committees to foster our values, and creating a cohesive experience from recruiting through onboarding. We’re excited for you to play a critical role in scaling our awesome culture.
We are building an amazing team of brilliant, collaborative and mission-driven individuals who take pride in using their diverse skills to contribute to a better world.
Our core values include tenacity, curiosity, trust, teamwork, inclusivity and balance and we strive to bring these values to life every day. Join our team, own your destiny, and lead the world's transition to animal-free protein.
- Evolve and elevate the operational aspects of the people function at EVERY
- Create and execute strategies to strengthen performance in the areas of employee retention, benefits, engagement, employee relations, training and development
- Provide day-to-day performance management support to senior leaders as well as coaching, counseling, and performance improvement actions for employees as needed
- Be a trusted and credible advisor on all things people including local labor laws, regulations, policies and best practices
- Foster a positive work environment that is inclusive and diverse.
- Build a team of one to three reports
- Own our record-keeping, HRIS and payroll systems
- You have a player/coach mentality and be able to lead and concurrently execute and dig into the details
- You are great at cross-functional collaboration and a track record that demonstrates it
- You are able to manage competing priorities and do what’s most urgent and important first
- Your are comfortable working in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- You can come into our South San Francisco office at least three business days a week on a flexible schedule
Qualifications and Education (not required to have all)
- Deep passion for and commitment to our mission
- Experience at a high-growth startup
- Minimum of six years of progressive people ops/HR experience and two years as a leader- enough experience to have experienced a lot of people ops scenarios and know what good programs look like
- Strong presentation and communication skills, both in creation and facilitation required
- Great interpersonal and soft power skills
- Ability to adapt and support others through change, ambiguity and complexity
- Proficiency in Human Resource practices and California employment law, federal laws and regulations
- Competency in HRIS software and ability to evaluate and choose the best systems for EVERY
- Nice if you had SPHR, PHR, PHRca, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP or other applicable specialized certification
- Authorization to work in the United States for EVERY
NOTE about job location: This role will be based in our South San Francisco office, this role will work from that office at least three days a week with two days remote offering a flexible schedule.
What EVERY™ can Offer for Full-Time Positions:
- Generous benefits package; 100% medical, dental, and vision employee coverage, 401k matching, and stock
- Optional benefits; FSA, HSA, Commuter, Pet Care, and additional life insurance
- Flexible PTO and 14 paid company holidays per year
- Parental Leave: 10 weeks of parental leave and 6 weeks of childbirth leave
- Free parking, unlimited gym access, lounge, mini-golf patio, yoga and fitness classes onsite
- Unlimited supply of sparkling water, granola bars, snacks, local coffee and tea
- Weekly virtual happy hours & lunches
- Monthly all-hands meetings and 1:1 with CEO and leadership
- Close to South San Francisco BART and CalTrain stations, including free shuttle service
EVERY™ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are not able to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.