We are Planted and we have big things in store – and for that we need YOU!
After years of research, Planted was founded in July 2019 as a spin-off from ETH Zurich. Our revolutionary plan will make the world a better place. We structure meats from plants that is no way inferior to animal meat, scores with unique taste, and authentic texture, and is miles ahead in terms of sustainability and health!
Planted is more than a delicious product - it's also an attitude. We want to radically change the way meat is perceived and consumed and inspire a shift from eating animal proteins to eating plant proteins.
We bring about change. Not just because we can. Because we have to. Are you hungry for change too? Then join our «Tasty Revolution»!
As our Protein Process Specialist you massively contribute to the development of the tastiest alternative protein products on the market and actively shape Planted's future!
- Leading and developing projects in the interdisciplinary field of protein and fiber extraction by working directly with raw materials
- Researching and developing plant-based proteins with a focus on functionality, while identifying different types of processing techniques
- Investigating new natural ingredients and their process history
- Establishing new ways of working to accelerate the transfer from science to final product performance
- Assisting in the building of teams, guiding junior scientists and developing our vision
- Have a Master's degree or PhD in Food Science, Engineering, Chemistry or related field
- Have gained relevant experience in 4-7 years of working with food ingredient extractions and scalable processes
- Are knowledgeable about the structural/functional properties of different food proteins and the techniques used to obtain them
- Are comfortable working under pressure, with unconventional scientific ideas, managing evolving projects and handling unfamiliar situations
- Have the ability to develop and maintain strong personal networks both internally and externally
- Are an excellent communicator with an outstanding level of written and oral English, German is a plus