Roslin Technologies is an ambitious, cutting‐edge biotech company focused on food and agriculture. Our mission is to advance disruptive biotechnologies to improve how we produce proteins. Alternative proteins are key for a more sustainable food system. We envision a world where we can produce animal proteins without harming our health, the planet, or animals and ensure everyone has access to affordable, nutritious proteins.
Our main focus is on developing animal cell technologies for the emerging cultivated meat sector. We develop stem cell lines using ground-breaking technologies, including induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSC). We provide these cell lines to cultivated meat producers globally who will use these cell lines to develop and produce cultivated meat. Our approach is unique to this sector both in terms of technology and business model. Our animal cell lines are playing a key role in bringing the reality of cultivated meat closer.
Our brilliant team of experts are passionate, curious, inventive and at the forefront of the ground-breaking work being accomplished in this rapidly growing, cultivated meat sector.
About The Role
The Post-Doc Bioprocess Engineer role is an exciting career opportunity for a Post-Doctoral Scientist with extensive experience of mammalian cell culture in bioreactors.
Our Team has derived high quality animal stem cells, including induced pluripotent stem cells. The next step is to show that these cells are uniquely qualified to scale up to high densities in large bioreactors. The role will involve you working across our innovation and commercially facing teams developing and implementing solutions for effective bioprocessing of our various cell lines.
- Undergraduate degree (BSc/MSc) and PhD in a closely related discipline (Bioprocessing, Biotechnology, or Bioengineering)
- Experience in mammalian cell culture systems with experience of operating and optimising bioreactors
- Proven ability to develop and test protocols
- Proven ability to identify analytical tools most suitable to the research
- Proven ability to deliver a research project, including the design and execution of experiments
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent computer skills in the use of Office software
- Industry experience of working to GMP and relevant ISO standards
- Practical experience of working in the area of cultivated meat, ideally focusing on scale up and cell density optimisation
- Experience in cell culture media design and component analysis
- Experience in project delivery/report writing and/or commercial R&D projects
Roslin Technologies offers
- Competitive and attractive salary and generous company pension plan
- A passionate work environment focused on a fast-growing field, using ground-breaking stem cell technologies
- Strong emphasis on team performance, scientific rigour, and personal development
- Regular company events to foster our culture
This role is for a permanent full-time contract. We will offer a competitive and attractive compensation package.
For enquiries, please contact Dr Sheena Fraser ([email protected]). To apply, please send a CV and cover letter explaining why you have applied for the post to [email protected].