Bridge2Food is a Netherlands-based organizer of global conferences, professional training courses, and collaborative industry meetings focused on emerging food technologies and food system sustainability. We are also the communications partner for four EU-funded research projects exploring different protein sources, how they may be utilized, and their potential impacts on human and planetary health. Bridge2Food was founded in 2002 and is currently active in Europe, the Americas, and Asia.
You are a rising communications superstar ready to show off your chops and take your career to the next level. You are a prolific consumer of news and information about food systems, sustainability, and related policies and technologies. You are passionate about communications as a powerful tool and effective problem-solving mechanism. You are a strong writer comfortable working in different formats, from short-form marketing copy to longer articles and reports. You are a tech-savvy social media wiz able to quickly learn new systems and software tools. You are comfortable speaking with a diverse range of people from business, academia, media, and nonprofits, as well as those from different countries and cultures. You are naturally curious, humble, work well with others, and have an allergy to office politics. You understand that little details add up and make all the difference. You thrive on the challenges and growth potential that comes with working in a small company. You care about doing meaningful work you can feel proud of.
This is a fully remote, full-time position for an energetic individual able to work within a European time zone across the entire Bridge2Food portfolio of projects and activities. Approximately 60% of this role will focus on supporting communications needs for EU research projects, while the remain 40% will focus on Bridge2Food summits, training courses, and ecosystem meetings. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating a high volume of compelling digital content to expand awareness of Bridge2Food projects, partners, key activities, and their results. He/she will demonstrate genuine dedication to the topics on which we focus, and take pride in creating outstanding communications products that foster greater understanding of complex issues around food and protein.
- Manage multiple social media accounts, keeping them updated with engaging content, project announcements, and maintaining a high level of interaction with other related users and accounts
- Write marketing copy and news updates for different contexts including the Bridge2Food website, social media pages, project leaflets, and email newsletters
- Interview project partners, academic researchers, and industry thought leaders to produce original written articles, press releases, and web-shareable audio-visual content
- Attend and represent Bridge2Food at in-person conferences and events in Europe, the United States, and Asia
- Maintain close contact with project partners to ensure communications needs, schedules, and reporting requirements are met
- Participate in online webinars and meetings with project partners and stakeholders
- Assist in managing the development of visually appealing, user-friendly, content-rich websites for Bridge2Food and partner projects
- Perform other communications and management tasks as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in any scientific discipline with outstanding communications skills; or, bachelor’s degree in a communications discipline with demonstrated experience in scientific topics
- Familiarity with concepts and issues related to food system challenges and emerging protein technologies, such as plant protein processing, cell culture, and microbial fermentation
- Highly active social media consumer and contributor, personally or professionally
- Ability to work autonomously, taking ownership over the projects for which you are responsible and pride in the impact they achieve
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Tech savvy and able to quickly learn new software tools and systems
- Effective collaborator able to contribute to a positive and respectful company culture
- Native speaker of English or native-level proficiency
- Graduate degree in any discipline related to food, agriculture, science, technology, sustainability, economics, social science, journalism, or communications
- In-depth knowledge of novel protein technologies, industry players, and key challenges
- Technical or policy expertise in one or more subjects related to protein and food system sustainability
- Experience in a public-facing communications role with published examples of work on which you are the primary author or a key contributor
- Highly numerate and comfortable working with basic statistics such as growth rates
Bridge2Food is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or marital/familial status.
Send your resume (without photo) and a brief introduction explaining who you are and your interest in this position to [email protected].