BlueNalu, Inc. is a fast-growing, San Diego-based company that is pioneering the production of seafood products derived directly from fish cells. Using proprietary cell biology techniques and engineering processes, BlueNalu’s platform technology can produce a wide array of value-added seafood products, that are healthy for people, humane for animals, and sustainable for the planet. Our products will contain no mercury, microplastics or other contaminants, and do not require genetic modification.
This Senior Cell Culture Bioprocess Engineer will lead a small team to develop new high-yield cell culture systems and related bioprocessing technologies towards large-scale manufacturing of our novel products. Candidates must be well versed in cell culture methods and bioreactor operation.
- Planning and successful execution of bioprocess development programs, including cell culture experiments with benchtop and pilot-scale bioreactor systems, towards large-scale process and media optimization.
- Train and mentor direct reports. Manage by objective.
- Evaluate, interpret, summarize and present experimental data
- Process Scale-up, documentation and tech transfer
- Identification and evaluation of new bioprocessing methods and equipment
- Introduction of analytical methods using laboratory instruments
- Design of standard methods and operating procedures with attention to detail.
- Some weekend work may be required
Qualifications & Experience
- PhD in Biology, Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology or equivalent with 3+ years of experience or…
- MS in Biology, Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology or equivalent with 6+ years of experience.
- Some proven supervisory experience is required.
- Demonstrated expertise with scale-up of cell culture processes using bioreactor systems
- Experience with optimization of growth media and conditions using first principles and supplemented with a Design-of-Experiment (DOE) approach
- Extensive knowledge of bioprocessing technologies and equipment
- Hands-on experience and mechanical aptitude for troubleshooting and maintaining bioreactor hardware and control systems.
- Demonstrated ability to conceive, plan and execute experimental programs and engineering projects
- Ability to evaluate, interpret and summarize experimental data with advanced computer skills for data acquisition, data management and visualization of experimental results
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team to achieve departmental goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
BlueNalu, Inc. provides an attractive compensation and benefits package.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the US, and willing and able to work a flexible work schedule to meet the needs of the Company. BlueNalu, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a small but quickly growing company where everybody’s contribution is equally important. BlueNalu is seeking team players that aredriven, focused, creative, proactive and productive, with excellent written and verbal communication skills, and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. We are also seeking team members that enjoy and thrive in the atmosphere of a very fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, have a good sense of humor, and are personally motivated to make a difference to humanity and our planet.