Clara Foods is seeking a mission-driven professional to join the Strategy & Partnerships team. Key qualities include a demonstrated ability to work independently, logically frame a problem, communicate recommendation-oriented analyses, and drive towards a desired outcome. The Strategy & Partnerships Extern will help craft and execute Clara Foods’ strategic vision. This position directly reports to the Manager, Strategy & Partnerships.
In lieu of a cover letter, please email [email protected] with two to three sentences addressing each of the following questions:
- Why are you interested in the alternative protein / synthetic biology industry?
- Why are you interested in the Strategy & Partnerships Extern role?
- What is your proudest professional accomplishment?
- What is a compelling corp dev / partnership opportunity Clara Foods should consider? Why?
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Duration: 6 to 9 months
Location: 100% remote
- Strategic Roadmap – help develop and execute a comprehensive, company-wide technology and commercial strategy plans
- Corp Dev & Partnerships – source, diligence, and help close complex deals to accelerate R&D, manufacturing, and commercialization
- Licensing – contribute to out-licensing strategy, business case creation, and deal structuring
- Go-to-Market – build the strategy and go-to-market framework for new product launches
- Fundraising – create data room and support due diligence for Series C fundraise
- Special Projects – identify gaps, propose solutions, and deliver outcomes that create outsized value
- 2+ years of experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, and/or startup operations
- Experience at a high-growth biotech, food, and/or agribusiness startup preferred, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree in business, life sciences, or engineering preferred, but not required
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to enable decision-making
- Capacity to handle ambiguity and adapt to changing business needs with a bias for action
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills under tight and competing deadlines
- Excellent project management, problem solving, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Mission-driven, resourceful, team-oriented, and low-ego with a positive attitude