The Marketing Manager for Clara Foods will be responsible for developing the business plans for the launch as well as the sustained commercialization of new non-animal proteins. This individual will establish value propositions for the new proteins, track consumer trends, spot new potential applications/opportunities, identify target customers for the products, and partner with the sales team to qualify targets and establish plans for attaining business with identified customers. This position will be responsible for managing the internal product management and external B2B marketing activities of the assigned protein(s) portfolio(s), the latter in close collaboration with our distributor partner. These duties will span the entire product life cycle from development to launch to commercialization and require significant team-based interactions with the corresponding business teams of the distributor partner.
Title: B2B Marketing Manager
Reports to: Sr. Director of B2B Marketing
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full Time
Location: South San Francisco - Remote temporarily until we transition back to office
- In partnership with our distributor partner, develop a five-year business plan for the new protein products developed by Clara Foods
- Recommend and champion introductions of specialty non-animal protein solutions, products and technologies to national and regional account customers, primarily by contributing compelling value propositions and collaboratively developing relevant consumer insights for high-caliber prototypes in order to obtain new business and meet the growth targets. Navigate the complexity of diverse markets to generate value for the customer and the company.
- Work with our distributor partner to develop go-to-market plans for new products coordinating the timing of all launch activities with production and delivery of product.
- In conjunction with the sales teams, support technology-based discussions with medium and large customers, primarily with the R&D, technology and marketing groups to establish projects with target customers, leading to sales of assigned products.
- Partner with functional teams including sales, technical and operations to execute market introduction and initial market/business development for new protein products to national and regional account customers.
- Ensure close alignment with distributor teams and coordinate business plans including campaigns and market development opportunities.
- Manage product development and go to market plans with smaller target accounts.
- Ensure sales teams are fully trained with technical and marketing know-how such as the value propositions and product attributes. Support initial sales activity with the goal of meeting short and long-term targets for revenue, profitability and market share. Support the Sales team in negotiating contracts.
- Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge of the market and the competitive environment to facilitate business development efforts. Pro-actively provide market and competitive intelligence to appropriate sales, operations, product management and technical personnel.
- Network at trade shows and other technical venues to build knowledge and identify new prospects.
- Analyze the current national and regional accounts, determine which are most suitable to incorporate into new protein product offerings, and communicate these needs to the commercial team.
- Monitor performance and benchmark best practices to drive continuous improvement
- Respect and value other’s differences, seeking opportunities to learn from those with different perspectives and understand how issues and solutions will impact other areas of the company
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelors’ Degree in food science or other relevant scientific, engineering, or business discipline. MBA is a plus.
- Significant direct and practical business development, sales, marketing and technical experience in food or specialty ingredients. 3-5 years Required.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both in creation and execution
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills required. Experience in problem solving and creative thinking.
- Strong Interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization and in a variety of cultures – both internal and external.
- Available to travel domestically approximately 25%.
- Ability to take risks to achieve desired results. Strong entrepreneurial instincts.
- Ability to adapt and be agile. Think like an owner
- Ability to anticipate customer needs and proactively create new solutions and operate with a sense of urgency.
What Clara Foods can offer:
- Generous benefits package; 100% medical, dental, and vision employee coverage, 401k matching, and stock options
- Optional benefits; FSA, HSA, Commuter, Pet Care, and additional life insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Free parking, unlimited gym access, lounge, mini-golf patio, yoga and fitness classes onsite
- Unlimited supply of sparkling water, granola bars, snacks, local coffee and tea
- Weekly themed happy hours and quarterly company outings
- Monthly all-hands meetings and 1:1 with CEO and leadership
- Close to South San Francisco BART and Cal Train stations, including free shuttle service