Balletic Foods is seeking a motivated scientist to lead our Strain Engineering team. The ideal candidate will be curious, open-minded, motivated, detail-oriented, organized & a team player with a proactive approach to research & development.
Balletic Foods™ is a California based company working towards a sustainable food system by combining science and technology to create new sources of animal-free protein. If you are passionate about using biotechnology to build sustainable new sources of animal-free protein, join our team of scientists and entrepreneurs to change the world’s food system.
- A self-starter with excellent organizational & communication skills
- Motivated and able to work under tight deadlines - Passionate about changing the world's food system
- Highly effective at planning and problem-solving
- Paying great attention to detail, safety, and good laboratory practice
- Taking ownership, prioritize responsibilities, able to multitask
- Developing and implementing techniques for recombinant protein production
- Transforming microbial strains and generating/testing novel strains for high-level protein expression
- Develop goals & timelines and adapt in our fast-paced environment
- Development of high-throughput methodologies for protein expression screening
- Ph.D. in genetics, molecular biology, microbiology, biochemistry, chemical engineering, microbial genetics or a related field
- At least 2+ years of relevant experience
- Experience and expertise with protein engineering and recombinant protein expression, preferably in yeast is a plus
- Experience testing and optimizing recombinant protein expression in microbial hosts is a plus
- Strong understanding of molecular biology and genetics in prokaryotic or eukaryotic hosts
- Molecular biology skills, and demonstrated experience in microbial host engineering is a plus
If you are interested in this position, please contact [email protected].