Clara Foods™ is a venture capital-backed company working towards a disruptive advance in food technology by producing animal proteins using fermentation --- without the animal. We join a new generation of entrepreneurs, activists and scientists who recognize that the decades-old factory farm model cannot sustain the dietary needs of 7 billion people and counting - and that technology may hold a solution.
We are building an amazing team of brilliant, collaborative and mission-driven individuals who take pride in using their diverse skills to contribute to a better world. Our core values include tenacity, curiosity, trust, teamwork, inclusivity and balance and we strive to bring these values to life every day.
Join our team, own your destiny, and lead the world's transition to animal-free protein.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Technical, Product and Commercialization Teams, additionally assist with receiving and analyzing samples.
- Organize and maintain reagent inventory and storage in assigned areas based on well-defined categories.
- Perform bespoke quality evaluation tests on samples. Training on test protocols will be provided.
- Perform documentation, sample preparation, and data handling following the SOPs and established protocols.
- Assist with simple data analysis and presentation of results in Report format.
- Participate in internal sensory panels alongside the Product Team to evaluate the company’s protein against commercial products.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Skills and Requirements:
- Minimum Associate Degree in Chemistry, Food Science, Biology or equivalent experience required.
- This role requires the candidate to be present in the lab during working hours.
- Previous experience as a laboratory technician or similar roles is desirable.
- Ability to contribute in a fast paced, research-oriented environment is required.
- Able to carry up to 40 pounds is desirable.
- Ability to stand up for long periods of time while monitoring operations and performing daily tasks is required.
- Intermediate knowledge of computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and experience working with Google Drive is required.
- Operate with moderate supervision and have meticulous attention to detail.
- Proven ability to manage multiple assignments / tasks.
- Good communication skills (oral and written).
- Must be authorized to work in the United States for Clara Foods.
What Clara can offer:
- Generous benefits package; 100% medical, dental, and vision employee coverage, 401k matching, and stock options
- Weekly catered lunches
- Optional benefits; FSA, HSA, Commuter, Pet Care, and additional life insurance
- Flexible PTO and 10 paid company holidays per year
- Free parking, unlimited gym access, lounge, mini-golf patio, yoga, and fitness classes onsite
- Unlimited supply of sparkling water, granola bars, snacks, local coffee, and tea
- Themed happy hours and quarterly company outings
- Monthly all-hands meetings and opportunity to directly speak with CEO and leadership
- Close to South San Francisco BART and Caltrain stations, including free shuttle service
Clara Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.