Roslin Technologies is an ambitious, cutting‐edge biotech company focused on food and agriculture. Our mission is to advance disruptive biotechnologies to improve how we produce proteins. We envision a world where everyone has access to affordable, nutritious and responsibly produced protein. Alternative proteins are key to addressing the need for more food; included in this is the rapidly increasing cultivated meat sector. Our work as a cell line provider, using ground-breaking technology, is unique to this sector and our animal cell lines are playing a key role in bringing the reality of cultivated meat closer.
To make cultivated meat, cells need to grow at a vast scale. This is a new and innovative area where we strive to be global leaders. This is an exciting opportunity for a Cell Culture Technician to join our stem cell team to help fulfil our vision for an alternative protein future.
Our state-of-the-art laboratories are based at the Roslin Innovation Centre near Edinburgh. To complement our own internal capabilities, we have privileged access to the world-famous Roslin Institute, which is co-located on the Easter Bush Campus.
About the role
This is a new opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Cell Culture Technician to join our stem cells team based at the Roslin Innovation Centre. This team develops bespoke cell lines for cultivated meat and are at the forefront of animal stem cell technologies, having derived induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cells from a range of species.
The appointee will be involved in the application of cutting-edge approaches to generate, develop and scale-up iPS cell lines from a range of livestock species. This will require extensive tissue culture, cell biology and molecular biology experience.
What we’re looking for:
Skill / Level
- BSc in a relevant discipline / Essential
- Tissue culture experience, including excellent aseptic technique / Essential
- Experience in cell biology / Essential
- Experience in molecular biology / Essential
- Experience of working to GMP or GLP standards / Desirable
- Experience of CRISPR genome editing / Desirable
- Experience in commercial R&D / Desirable
- Experience of data analysis and interpretation, report writing and presenting data / Desirable
This role is for a fixed term full-time contract. Available immediately for 18 months initially, with further extension intended. We will offer a competitive and attractive compensation package.
For enquiries, please contact Professor Jacqui Matthews ([email protected]).
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter explaining why you have applied for the post to [email protected].
Closing date: 01 November 2021
Roslin Technologies’ offers
- Competitive and attractive salary and generous company pension plan
- A passionate work environment focused on a fast-growing field, using ground-breaking stem cell technologies
- Strong emphasis on team performance, scientific rigour, and personal development
- Regular company events to foster our culture