Analytical Scientist Lead
Posted: April 9, 2021
Closing: May 14, 2021
Do you have a passion for using biotechnology to build sustainable new sources of animal-free protein? Do you want to join a new community of entrepreneurs, activists and scientists who recognize that the decades old factory farm model cannot sustain the dietary needs of 7 billion people – and that biotechnology may hold a solution. You will love our mission of using synthetic DNA technology to create novel sources of protein for human nutrition. We are looking or an experienced analytical manager that has a passion for changing the world and for using state-of-the-art analytics methods to drive our goals.
Reports To: Associate Director, R&D
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full Time
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Skills and Experience
- Ph.D. degree in Chemistry or Life Sciences OR a M.S. degree in Chemistry or Life Sciences with 2+ years of experience in a research or industrial laboratory setting, OR a B.S. degree in Chemistry or Life Sciences with 6+ years of experience in a research or industrial laboratory setting. A minimum of 2 years of experience with laboratory supervision or management is required.
Role and responsibilities
As the Analytical Scientist Lead you will:
- Oversee day-to-day laboratory activities; work with laboratory personnel to ensure that they have the resources needed to maintain high quality testing while keeping turn-around times to a minimum.
- Train laboratory technicians and chemists on the correct use of laboratory equipment.
- Monitor and supervise employees to follow industry standards and health & safety regulations for handling and disposing of samples.
- Monitor all outsourced data analysis and report as needed
- Develop and implement SOPs; most assays revolve around protein quantification and quality assessment.
- Review of instrument test data including but not limited HPLC chromatographic data.
- Manage laboratory costs related to all operations activities including equipment, labor and supplies.
- Manage and oversee the maintenance and repair of laboratory equipment. This includes daily maintenance tasks to ensure instruments are working properly, scheduling preventative maintenance and working with technology support from various vendors.
- Think critically to resolve unique issues revolving around a shared work environment and helps to maintain an environment of collaboration and creativity
What Clara Foods can offer:
- Generous benefits package; 100% medical, dental, and vision employee coverage, 401k matching, and stock options
- Optional benefits; FSA, HSA, Commuter, Pet Care, and additional life insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Free parking, unlimited gym access, lounge, mini-golf patio, yoga and fitness classes onsite
- Unlimited supply of sparkling water, granola bars, snacks, local coffee and tea
- Weekly themed happy hours and quarterly company outings
- Monthly all-hands meetings and 1:1 with CEO and leadership
- Close to South San Francisco BART and Cal Train stations, including free shuttle service
How to apply