Chief of Staff, Office of the CTO
Posted: January 15, 2022
The EVERY Company, based in South San Francisco, is a leading VC-backed food tech ingredient company using precision fermentation to create animal proteins without the animal for the global food and beverage industry. Originally founded as Clara Foods in 2014, EVERY™ rebranded in 2021 to better convey its vision to bring animal-free proteins to everyone, everywhere. EVERY™ is a team of passionate change makers who are reimagining the factory farm model with a kinder, more sustainable alternative. Leveraging precision fermentation to produce hyper-functional and one-to-one replacement proteins from microorganisms, EVERY™ is on a mission to decouple the world’s proteins from the animals that make them.
We are a passionate, determined, (and fun!) team with a vital objective, and we're on the lookout for like-minded people to join our mission. Sound like you?
*We are looking for a passionate and experienced Chief of Staff to join our Technology Team. Candidates who have experience in biotechnology, synthetic biology, food, beverage, and/or ingredient manufacturing industries are encouraged to apply. *
- Manage critical cross-departmental projects and initiatives within the Technology organization
- Manage external technology collaborations with emphasis on developing dashboards to track milestones and critical resourcing needs
- Facilitate departmental meetings, including weekly meetings with the CTO and the CTO’s direct reports, as well as monthly Technology All-Hands meetings
- Develop pre-reads for critical meetings
- Follow up with stakeholders throughout the Technology organization to ensure that agreed-upon action items and deliverables are completed on-time and with the appropriate level of detail / quality
- Develop business continuity programs to ensure seamless operations within the Technology organization
- Review departmental budgets on an ongoing basis to ensure compliance; escalate issues as-needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in STEM fields preferred.
- Advanced degree (MS, PhD, MBA, etc.) preferred but not required.
- At least 5 years of professional experience, including 2+ years in biotechnology or a related field.
- Experience in project / program / product management and execution in a technical domain.
Nice-to-haves (but not required)
- Experience at a high-growth startup in synthetic biology or food and beverage industries.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both in creation and execution.
- Ability to take risks to achieve desired results.
- Ability to adapt and support others through change, ambiguity, and complexity.
What The EVERY Company can offer:
- Generous benefits package; 100% medical, dental, and vision employee coverage, 401k matching, and stock options
- Optional benefits; FSA, HSA, Commuter, Pet Care, and additional life insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Weekly Lunches onsite
- Free parking, unlimited gym access, lounge, mini-golf patio, yoga and fitness classes onsite
- Unlimited supply of sparkling water, granola bars, snacks, local coffee, and tea
- Weekly themed happy hours and quarterly company outings
- Monthly all-hands meetings and 1:1 with CEO and leadership
- Close to South San Francisco BART and CalTrain stations, including free shuttle service
*Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are not able to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. This position is based in our South San Francisco, CA location - there is no relocation assistance offered at this time. *
The EVERY Company™ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
How to apply