Food Application Scientist (f/m/d)
Posted: November 9, 2022
Closing: January 1, 2023
We are Planted and we have big things in store – and for that we need YOU!
After years of research, Planted was founded in July 2019 as a spin-off from ETH Zurich. Our revolutionary plan will make the world a better place. We structure meats from plants that is no way inferior to animal meat, scores with unique taste, and authentic texture, and is miles ahead in terms of sustainability and health!
Planted is more than a delicious product - it's also an attitude. We want to radically change the way meat is perceived and consumed and inspire a shift from eating animal proteins to eating plant proteins.
We bring about change. Not just because we can. Because we have to. Are you hungry for change too? Then join our «Tasty Revolution»!
As our Food Application Scientist you can bring our products to the next level by advancing our plant-based food formulations!
- Managing and organizing multiple science and product development related projects in the interdisciplinary field of food technology and process engineering.
- Researching and developing plant-based food systems with a focus on food ingredients and their application
- Advancing plant-based food formulations, testing capabilities as well as internal and external processing
- Investigating new natural ingredients such as proteins, fibers, colours and more to see how they can be used to bring our product portfolio to the next level
- Establishing new ways of working to accelerate the transfer from science to product development to production
- Have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Food Science, Chemistry or any related field
- Have 3-7 years of experience working with food ingredients, product development and / or scalable processes
- Have a profound knowledge about the structural/functional properties of different food ingredients
- Are comfortable working under pressure, unconventional scientific ideas, managing evolving projects and handling unfamiliar situations
- Have the ability to develop and maintain strong personal networks both internally and externally
- Have excellent English skills in written and oral, German is a plus
How to apply