Information Technology Engineer
Posted: January 15, 2022
The EVERY Company, based in South San Francisco, is a leading VC-backed food tech ingredient company using precision fermentation to create animal proteins without the animal for the global food and beverage industry. Originally founded as Clara Foods in 2014, EVERY™ rebranded in 2021 to better convey its vision to bring animal-free proteins to everyone, everywhere. EVERY™ is a team of passionate change makers who are reimagining the factory farm model with a kinder, more sustainable alternative. Leveraging precision fermentation to produce hyper-functional and one-to-one replacement proteins from microorganisms, EVERY™ is on a mission to decouple the world’s proteins from the animals that make them.
We are a passionate, determined, (and fun!) team with a vital objective, and we're on the lookout for like-minded people to join our mission. Sound like you?
The EVERY Company's Data Team brings together scientists, engineers,
and designers to weave data products into the fabric of the company from
machine learning in genomics data to process optimization and mining on
flavor. Are you creative in finding user-centered secure IT solutions
and enjoy helping employees make the most out of their machines,
partnering with users as they work through various different packages
and services from specialized biotech platforms to everyday video
conferencing tools? To that end, you know your way around a terminal and
may even do some scripting or automation. Of course, you are a good
communicator and a kernel panic doesn’t scare you. If any of the above
applies to you, we encourage you to apply
- Co-design IT policies and practices for usability and security.
- Participate in the on-boarding and off-boarding of employees.
- Respond to user help requests in the form of helpdesk tickets.
- Aid in software, machine, and network configuration tasks.
- Help in the administration of cloud services.
- Assist engineers, scientists, and designers with the release and support of internally developed software.
- Support the IT needs of the lab / office including local network administration and hardware configuration.
- When appropriate, automate certain tasks and workflows.
- Participate in a light emergency 24/7 on-call rotation, sharing the burden with others on the team.
**Minimum Qualifications **
- Familiarity with help desk operations
- Ability to administer macOS, Windows, and Linux machines. This includes device security tasks such as malware prevention / management
- Capability to manage productivity platforms such as Google
Workspace, Zoho Suite,
Office 365, etc
- Knowledge of AV equipment as well as communications / video-conferencing solutions such as Zoom, Slack, or HipChat.
- Skill in administering local networks and performing basic webmaster tasks such as DNS configuration.
- Strong communication skills and willingness to conduct internal training as required
Nice-to-have (but not required)
- Prior experience in a lab environment or with companies that have internal software engineering
- Familiarity with protocols such as SFTP, MODBUS, SCADA, or OPC
- Programming capabilities, especially in Python
What The EVERY Company can Offer:
- Generous benefits package; 100% medical, dental, and vision employee coverage, 401k matching, and stock
- Optional benefits; FSA, HSA, Commuter, Pet Care, and additional life insurance
- Flexible PTO and 10 paid company holidays per year
- Free parking, unlimited gym access, lounge, mini-golf patio, yoga and fitness classes onsite
- Unlimited supply of sparkling water, granola bars, snacks, local coffee and tea
- Weekly virtual happy hours & lunches
- Monthly all-hands meetings and 1:1 with CEO and leadership
- Close to South San Francisco BART and CalTrain stations, including free shuttle service
*Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are not able to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. This position is based in our South San Francisco, CA location - there is no relocation assistance offered at this time. *
The EVERY Company™ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
How to apply