Posted: June 14, 2021
Balletic Foods is seeking a highly motivated protein nutrition scientist to lead research on specialized nutrition solutions. The ideal candidate will be open-minded, detail-oriented, organized & a team player with a passion for solving nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow.
Balletic Foods™ is a California based company working towards a sustainable food system by combining science and technology to create new sources of animal-free protein. If you are passionate about using biotechnology to build sustainable new sources of animal-free protein, join our team of scientists and entrepreneurs to change the world’s food system.
- A self-starter with excellent organizational & communication skills\
- Comfortable working in a dynamic and fast paced environment\
- A positive and inclusive team player and have a solution-oriented mindset toward scientific problems\
- Good at taking ownership, prioritize responsibilities, multi-task and remain flexible with changing needs
- Lead protein nutrition research to generate specialized nutrition solutions\
- Work on the analysis, development, and optimization of science-based protein solutions for sport nutrition, muscle health, and other fields\
- Lead external research collaborations for protein pipeline innovation and growth - Work independently and within cross-functional teams on research\
- Cross-functional collaboration to increase innovation with scientists focusing on ingredients, flavor, processing, nutrition, sensory, and applications, as well as regulatory, marketing, and commercial teams\
- Develop educational materials on nutrition and proteins
- Ph.D. in Nutritional Sciences, Food Science, or Human Nutrition; or 3+ years of protein research experience\
- Solid understanding of the use of proteins in nutritional foods, beverages, and supplements\
- Expertise in protein biochemistry and its impact on health outcomes\
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and good partnership management and interpersonal skills\
- Understanding of protein biochemistry, protein nutrition, and the regulatory landscape for applied food science\
- Experience with nutritional research methodologies and clinical research and nutrition regulations is a plus
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please contact email@example.com.