Manager, Strategy & Partnerships (Commercial)
Posted: January 15, 2022
The EVERY Company, based in South San Francisco, is a leading VC-backed food tech ingredient company using precision fermentation to create animal proteins without the animal for the global food and beverage industry. Originally founded as Clara Foods in 2014, EVERY™ rebranded in 2021 to better convey its vision to bring animal-free proteins to everyone, everywhere. EVERY™ is a team of passionate change makers who are reimagining the factory farm model with a kinder, more sustainable alternative. Leveraging precision fermentation to produce hyper-functional and one-to-one replacement proteins from microorganisms, EVERY™ is on a mission to decouple the world’s proteins from the animals that make them.
We are a passionate, determined, (and fun!) team with a vital objective, and we're on the lookout for like-minded people to join our mission. Sound like you?
- Develop and own EVERY’s strategic commercial roadmap for each planning cycle in partnership with other team managers
- Research, incubate, launch, and integrate new ventures that map to EVERY’s strategic commercial priorities
- Source, diligence, close, and integrate partnerships and investments that map to EVERY's strategic commercial priorities
- Conduct research and analysis that delivers insightful recommendations to EVERY's commercial and leadership team
- Bachelor's degree in the life sciences, engineering, finance, economics, or business; MBA preferred
- Work experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, investment banking, venture capital, startups, or similar roles
- Industry experience in biotech, alternative protein, food, beverage, nutrition, agriculture, cosmetics, materials, or related fields
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office, including complex financial modeling and executive-ready presentations
- Excellent critical thinking, project management, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Capacity to handle ambiguity and adapt to changing business needs with a bias for action
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills under tight, competing deadlines
- Mission-oriented, resourceful, team-oriented, and low-ego with a positive attitude
From day one, you will demonstrate an ability to thrive in a high-change environment and lean into the opportunity to own EVERY’s commercial strategy. Your intellect, experience, and passion for the problems we are solving will be self-evident in your ability to identify impactful problems and opportunities, logically frame rich analyses, communicate clear recommendations, build stakeholder buy-in, and drive towards desired outcomes. Leading cross-functional collaborations, both internally and externally, is second nature to you and you are energized by the opportunity to help solve complex commercial challenges and incubate new commercially-oriented growth opportunities. You have a bias for action, do what you say, act like an owner, and are committed to delivering results that accelerate EVERY’s mission.
What EVERY can offer
- Generous benefits package; 100% medical, dental, and vision employee coverage
- 401k matching
- Stock options
- Weekly catered lunches
- Flexible PTO and 10 paid company holidays per year
- Free parking, unlimited gym access, lounge, mini-golf patio, yoga, and fitness classes onsite
- Unlimited supply of sparkling water, granola bars, snacks, local coffee, and tea
- Themed happy hours and quarterly company outings
- Monthly all-hands meetings and opportunity to directly speak with CEO and senior management
- Close to South San Francisco BART and Caltrain stations, including free shuttle service
*Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are not able to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. This position is based in our South San Francisco, CA location - there is no relocation assistance offered at this time. *
The EVERY Company™ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
How to apply