SENIOR FOOD TECHNOLOGIST - PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT MANUFACTURING QUALITY
Posted: March 11, 2020
Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you. Impossible Foods was founded in 2011 to create a truly sustainable global food system by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious food -- food that delivers all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world and is currently available at over 16,000 restaurants across the United States and abroad.
- Play a critical role in Product Development by being a link between R&D and manufacturing QA.
- Coordinate with scientists from multiple teams to develop and incorporate new assays.
- Evaluate and participate in opportunities for new and improved manufacturing QA tests for raw material, intermediates, and tissues, including analytical tools and sensory test methodologies.
- Assist manufacturing QA in improving the robustness of their QA lab, including in assay training, competency checks, and equipment maintenance.
- Propose data-driven strategies for creating specifications, as well as action plans for deviations.
- Support new product development and commercialization efforts by conducting analytical tests as well as data analysis.
- Train and mentor technicians in methods.
- BS degree in Food Science, Food Chemistry, Biochemistry, Microbiology or a related field.
- 5 yrs / MS 3 years highly relevant industry work experience.
- Experience with manufacturing QA in the food industry, including interfacing with operations and quality management programs.
- Experience with statistical analysis.
- Hands-on experience with development and troubleshooting of analytical methodology.
- Experience analyzing and interpreting complex data sets and making recommendations.
- Demonstration of leadership ability through organization of small teams or projects.
- Comfortable presenting complex data to scientists & leaders.
How to apply