Vice President of People
Posted: January 15, 2022
The EVERY Company, based in South San Francisco, is a leading VC-backed food tech ingredient company using precision fermentation to create animal proteins without the animal for the global food and beverage industry. Originally founded as Clara Foods in 2014, EVERY™ rebranded in 2021 to better convey its vision to bring animal-free proteins to everyone, everywhere. EVERY™ is a team of passionate change makers who are reimagining the factory farm model with a kinder, more sustainable alternative. Leveraging precision fermentation to produce hyper-functional and one-to-one replacement proteins from microorganisms, EVERY™ is on a mission to decouple the world’s proteins from the animals that make them.
We are a passionate, determined, (and fun!) team with a vital objective, and we're on the lookout for like-minded people to join our mission. Sound like you?
A growing syn-biotechnology company is seeking an experienced Vice President of People to join their South San Francisco-based team. The Vice President of People is an experienced People leader, who has owned and built a broad range of functions in high growth environments as a senior executive. As the person in this role, you understand all people areas such as employee development, talent acquisition, total rewards, L&D, DEI and most importantly culture. You are a trusted advisor and business partner across multiple departments and being an employee ally and expert in strategic planning. You are able to build, lead, grow and inspire our people team as well as develop and drive successful solutions that help advance the company’s goals. You should be an excellent communicator and change agent, someone who can successfully balance employee needs with business needs to create integrated solutions that benefit everyone. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to read more and apply!
- Be a trusted and credible advisor on people, organizational and business plans.
- Work with Senior Leadership to plan and direct all aspects of human resources functions including compliance to Federal, State and local labor laws, regulations, Clara Foods DBA as The EVERY Company policies, programs and best practices.
- Lead a positive work environment that is inclusive and diverse. This position, with (1-3) direct reports, is responsible for creating and executing strategies to strengthen performance in the areas of employee recruiting, retention, benefits, engagement, employee relations, training and development.
- Provide day-to-day performance management support to senior leaders; provide coaching, counseling, and disciplinary actions to employees as needed.
- Create a platform to cultivate accurate records in HRIS and payroll systems.
- Identify training needs for business units and participate in facilitation.
- Strong understanding of immigration matters for foreign nationals with outside immigration firm
- Maintain an effective level of business literacy including company goals, mission, financial position, strategy, competition, technology and culture.
**Minimum Qualifications: **
- Minimum of 15+ years of progressive Human Resource experience, 5 of which in leadership roles.
- Four-year Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field or equivalent experience on a year-for-year basis required.
- SPHR, PHR, PHRca, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP or other applicable specialized certification preferred.
- Proficiency in Human Resource practices and California employment law, federal laws and regulations, including FLSA, ADA, Workers' Compensation regulations, DFEH, EEOC, FMLA and CFRA required.
- Competency in HRIS and ATS software required (Namely, Payscale, Greenhouse preferred).
**Nice-to-haves (but not required): **
- Experience at a high-growth startup in the ingredient, flavor, agricultural and food strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong Interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization and in a variety of cultures – both internal and external.
- Ability to take risks to achieve desired results.
- Ability to adapt and support others through change, ambiguity and complexity.
**What The EVERY Company can offer: **
- Generous benefits package; 100% medical, dental, and vision employee coverage, 401k matching, and stock options
- Optional benefits; FSA, HSA, Commuter, Pet Care, and additional life insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Weekly Lunches
- Free parking, unlimited gym access, lounge, mini-golf patio, yoga and fitness classes onsite
- Unlimited supply of sparkling water, granola bars, snacks, local coffee and tea
- Weekly themed happy hours and quarterly company outings
- Monthly all-hands meetings and 1:1 with CEO and leadership
- Close to South San Francisco BART and Cal Train stations, including free shuttle service
*Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are not able to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. This position is based in our South San Francisco, CA location - there is no relocation assistance offered at this time. *
The EVERY Company™ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
How to apply