Balletic Foods is seeking a highly motivated nutritionist to lead research on specialized nutrition solutions. The ideal candidate will be open-minded, detail-oriented, organized & a team player with a passion for solving nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow.
Balletic Foods is a California based company working towards a sustainable food system by combining science and technology to create new sources of animal-free protein. If you are passionate about using biotechnology to build sustainable new sources of animal-free protein, join our team of scientists and entrepreneurs to change the world’s food system.
- A self-started with excellent organizational & communication skills
- Comfortable working in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- A positive and inclusive team player and have a solution-oriented mindset toward scientific problems
- Good at taking ownership, prioritize responsibilities, multi-task and remain flexible with changing needs
- Lead protein nutrition research to generate specialized nutrition solutions
- Work on the analysis, development, and optimization of science-based protein solutions for sport nutrition, muscle health, and other fields
- Work independently and within cross-functional teams on research
- Cross-functional collaboration to increase innovation with scientists focusing on ingredients, flavor, processing, nutrition, sensory, and applications, as well as regulatory, marketing, and commercial teams
- Develop educational materials on nutrition and proteins
- Ph.D. in Nutritional Sciences, Food Science & Human Nutrition, or related field
- At least 3+ years of protein research experience
- Solid understanding of the use of proteins in nutritional foods, beverages, and supplements
- Expertise in protein biochemistry and its impact on health outcomes
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and good partnership management and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of protein biochemistry, protein nutrition, and the regulatory landscape for applied food science
- Experience with nutritional research methodologies and clinical research and nutrition regulations is a plus
If you are interested in this position, please contact [email protected].