Position: Laboratory Technician
Programme Area: Cell Banking
BACKGROUND: Roslin Technologies is an ambitious, cutting‐edge biotech company focused on food and agriculture. Our mission is to advance disruptive biotechnologies to improve how we produce proteins. We envision a world where everyone has access to affordable, nutritious and responsibly produced protein. Alternative proteins are key to addressing the need for more food; included in this is the rapidly increasing cultivated meat sector. Our work as a cell line provider, using ground-breaking technology, is unique to this sector and our animal cell lines are playing a key role in bringing the reality of cultivated meat closer.
OVERALL PURPOSE: As a member of the Roslin Technologies’ Technical team you will contribute towards our cell culture and banking QA/QC activities in the field of stem cell science. Under the guidance of Dr Britt Tye (Post Doctoral Stem Cell Scientist) and Dr Joe Mee (Head of Laboratory Science), the Laboratory Technician will be responsible for maintaining our cell lines, characterisation and preparation of reagents for cell culture for the cultivated meat sector.
- Preparation of reagents for cell culture and assays.
- Cell culture (thaw, expansion and banking) of pluripotent stem cells.
- Cell line characterisation.
- Laboratory maintenance including stock take, goods receipt, cleaning.
- Participate in out-of-hours/ weekend working rota for maintenance of cell cultures.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Excellent aseptic techniques and cell culture experience. Cell banking experience would be an advantage although not essential.
- Analysis of pluripotent stem cells including flow cytometry, qPCR, differentiation and/or staining desirable.
- Attention to detail and data recording experience desirable.
- Team player.
- BSc in Biological Sciences/Cell biology, or equivalent
This is a Permanent, Full-Time role. We will offer a competitive and attractive compensation package.
Roslin Technologies offers:
- Competitive and attractive salary and generous company pension plan
- A passionate work environment focused on a fast-growing field, using ground-breaking stem cell technologies
- Strong emphasis on team performance, scientific rigour, and personal development
- Regular company events to foster our culture