EVERY™, based in South San Francisco, is a leading VC-backed food tech ingredient company using precision fermentation to create animal proteins without the animal for the global food and beverage industry. Originally founded as Clara Foods in 2014, EVERY™ rebranded in 2021 to better convey its vision to bring animal-free proteins to everyone, everywhere. EVERY™ is a team of passionate change makers who are reimagining the factory farm model with a kinder, more sustainable alternative. Leveraging precision fermentation to produce hyper-functional and one-to-one replacement proteins from microorganisms, EVERY™ is on a mission to decouple the world’s proteins from the animals that make them.
We are a passionate, determined, (and fun!) team with a vital objective, and we're on the lookout for like-minded people to join our mission. Sound like you?
High Throughput Screening Research Associate/Senior Research Associate:
If you love working with robots, we are looking for you! Do you have a passion for using biotechnology to build sustainable new sources of animal-free protein? Do you want to join a new community of entrepreneurs, activists and scientists who recognize that the decades old factory farm model cannot sustain the dietary needs of 7 billion people – and that biotechnology may hold a solution. You will love our mission of using innovative robotics and synthetic DNA technology to create novel sources of protein for human nutrition.
Reports To: Senior Automation Scientist
Skills and Experience
- BS in molecular biology, bio-engineering or similar program with 3 to 6 years’ experience in an industrial setting (e.g. industrial biotechnology, biofuels, synthetic biology)
- Experience in the use of robotics systems such as QPix colony picker, Biomek i7 for HTP screening as well as Molecular Devices Spectramax spectrophotometer
- Comfortable working within a small, collaborative team, passionate about changing the world of food
- Experience and interest in working with lab safety, e.g. handling hazmat, chemical hygiene, compliance, training, etc, is strongly desired, but not required
- Familiar with standard synthetic biology techniques such as RE digestion and ligations, agarose gel analysis, PCR, Gibson cloning, and bacterial and yeast transformation, PAGE analysis
Role and responsibilities
As a key member of the Strain Engineering team, you will:
- Participate in HTP screening program using Qpix and Biomek FX robots
- Quantify protein production from yeast strains
- Analyze and report results of HTP screening experiments
- Maintain supply inventories for all HTP-related consumables
- Work alongside creative, innovative scientists
- Work with the company’s safety committee as needed
This position is based in our South San Francisco, CA location - there is no relocation assistance offered at this time.
What EVERY™ can Offer:
- Generous benefits package; 100% medical, dental, and vision employee coverage, 401k matching, and stock
- Optional benefits; FSA, HSA, Commuter, Pet Care, and additional life insurance
- Flexible PTO and 14 paid company holidays per year
- Free parking, unlimited gym access, lounge, mini-golf patio, yoga and fitness classes onsite
- Unlimited supply of sparkling water, granola bars, snacks, local coffee and tea
- Weekly virtual happy hours & lunches
- Monthly all-hands meetings and 1:1 with CEO and leadership
- Close to South San Francisco BART and CalTrain stations, including free shuttle service
EVERY™ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are not able to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.