About Air Protein
At Air Protein, we’re passionate about creating a new food system–one that pushes the boundaries of what anyone thought was possible and builds a healthy relationship between our food and our planet. This is a new era of sustainable production; we can use less and make more. We can feed the growing global population without destroying rainforests or warming the planet. Join our diverse team of passionate scientists, engineers, and business leaders working to create the future of food—meat made from elements of the air.
As an innovative food company, we are crafting the world’s first air-based meats to eliminate compromise between nutrition, taste, and climate impact. Using novel technology inspired by NASA, we convert elements found in the air into protein. Air Protein’s process is carbon-negative by design, using less land and water, and is powered by renewable energy. Its where cutting-edge science meets bold ambition to reinvent the way we eat.
We’re currently seeking a VP of Business Development & Strategic Planning to join our extraordinary team…
- Are you skilled at building relationships and energized by closing strategic deals?
- Do you have excellent strategic planning abilities with strong analytical skills?
- Do you identify gaps and opportunities and initiate solutions?
- Are you passionate about problem solving for climate change?
If you answered yes to these questions, WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!
Benefits & Perks
In addition to the chance to work with a world-class team and cutting-edge technology to help combat climate change and address the impending food crisis, Air Protein employees also enjoy competitive benefits. We offer unlimited PTO, parental leave, 401K match, and compensation plans that include employee equity. Air Protein invests in employee development and the company culture is shaped by shared values:
- Protect people & the planet
- Play as a team and have a growth mindset
- Do what you say you will do
- Be the change you seek
- Create a culture of belonging
The VP of Business Development & Strategic Planning’s primary role will be to develop and maintain strong strategic relationships and to establish fiscally strong partnerships with groups that will enable the growth and global positioning of Air Protein now and in the future. This role is a hybrid (remote / onsite) position to based in the SF/Bay Area and will only consider local candidates or willing to relocate to the area.
- Create strategic partnership strategy
- Source, develop & maintain key relationships
- Drive client satisfaction
- Facilitate fundraising efforts, lead creation of materials and due diligence
- Create business plans, economic assessments, and key messaging
- Drive strategic planning
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of business development or technical sales experience
- 5+ years of experience building and running strategic sales teams from startup to maturity
- Experience in the food industry is preferred and considered an asset
Skills & Qualities:
- Sales minded, charismatic, and collaborative
- Knowledgeable about fundraising
- Strategic by nature
- Keen understanding of supply chain
Check us out in the media, news, and in the community:
- Forbes: The Meatless Mafia: Four Companies Revolutionizing the Future of Food
- World Economic Forum: Air Protein Named WEF Technology Pioneer
- TED Talk: A forgotten Space Age Technology Could Change How We Grow Food
- Bloomberg: Crop Trader ADM Pours Money Into Firm Making Meat Out of Air
Air Protein is an equal opportunity employer.
At Air Protein, we are committed to providing equal opportunities. Because we want the absolute best people, we enthusiastically invite people of every race, color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability – or any other status protected by law – to apply to join our team.
Research has shown that women and people from marginalized groups may not apply for a role if they aren't a 100% match. Please don't hold back. If you think you will excel in this role, but perhaps you don’t tick every box, we'd appreciate the opportunity to consider your application.
#foodscienceandtechnology #foodengineering #foodinnovation #foodfacts #healthylifestyle #foodscienceandnutrition #foodchemistry #technology #nutritionist #cooking #foodquality #foodlover #foodnutrition #foodproduction #sales #businessdevelopment #CRM
Please click the application link below:
SF Bay Area, CA