BlueNalu, Inc. is a rapidly-growing, San Diego-based company that is pioneering the production of seafood products derived directly from fish cells, and has received global recognition. Using proprietary cell biology techniques and engineering processes, BlueNalu’s platform technology can produce a wide array of value-added seafood products that are healthy for people, humane for sea life, and sustainable for our planet. Our products will be great tasting, trusted, safe, and free of mercury and environmental contaminants.
The Executive Assistant (EA) will report directly to the President & CEO and will also support other senior members of the management team with a variety of organizational and administrative duties. The EA serves as a primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on a wide variety of activities, and must be creative, highly organized, detail oriented, and must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. In addition, the EA should enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO and senior management team including: Conducting research and advance preparation documents for meetings; managing an active calendar of appointments; and arranging detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with Board members, investors, and others, on matters related to CEO's and Company initiatives, and composing and preparing correspondence that is frequently confidential
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Manages and continually updates database of key projects and key stakeholders, and associated tasks, for CEO
- Manages confidential company records and provides inputs to investor data room
- Coordinates, creates, and edits documents, correspondence and legal agreements
- Maintains calendars, schedules appointments and conference calls; and supports team with domestic and international travel coordination
- Effectively prepare and edit presentations, spreadsheets and other documents.
- Assist HR and Office Manager with various administrative, financial, HR, reception, and housekeeping functions as needed.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously and proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion often with deadline pressures.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and investors
- Expert written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Emotional maturity
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast- paced environment
- Forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years’ experience, working with senior-level executives within and outside the company
- Experience working with a global network of investors preferred.
- Experience working with legal and financial documents preferred.
- Strong proficiency with and in-depth knowledge of MS Office, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- An ability to anticipate, identify, and resolve problems in a timely manner
- An ability to exercise discretion and judgment regarding highly confidential internal and external communications and materials
- Experience with calendar management, project meeting and event planning and execution, preparation of executive level presentations, travel and expense report administration
- Demonstrate professional demeanor
BlueNalu, Inc. provides an attractive compensation and benefits package.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the US, and willing and able to work a flexible work schedule to meet the needs of the Company. BlueNalu, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a small but quickly growing company where everybody’s contribution is equally important. BlueNalu is seeking team players that are driven, focused, creative, proactive and productive, with excellent written and verbal communication skills, and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. We are also seeking team members that enjoy and thrive in the atmosphere of a very fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, have a good sense of humor, and are personally motivated to make a difference to humanity and our planet.