We are Planted. After years of research, founded in July 2019 as a spin-off from ETH Zurich, it is our very aim to make the world better. With a revolutionary plan: Meat from plants.
Planted is more than a delicious product – it’s also an attitude. We want to radically change the way people consume and perceive meat. And to trigger a switch from eating animal- to plant-based proteins.
We are making a change. Not only because we can but because we have to. Be part of our journey and join our Science Team as an Industrial Biotechnologist.
As Industrial Biotechnologist, you will change the game with us. You will work at the interface between research and industrial implementation of fermented plant-based foods, making sustainable foods even more sustainable, healthy and tasty.
- build and expand high performance fermentation platforms to upscale biotech innovations
- implement and create new biotechnological processes internally and in collaboration with industrial partners
- manage and organize multiple science and implementation projects in the interdisciplinary fields of biotechnology, material science, and food process engineering
- align fermentation strategies to business and consumer needs and vice versa
- actively contribute to and work on industrial projects in the field of biotechnology and plant-based raw materials
- closely work together with our internal science and product development teams to upscale plant-based food products
- are a self-driven person with a higher education specialized in (Bio)Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering, Food Biotechnology, Biotechnology or a similar background. A PhD in Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering or Microbiology is a plus.
- have 5+ years industrial experience in the implementation of biotechnological processes, preferentially fermentation processes in the food related industry.
- are experienced in working with industrial microbial fermentations and enzymes.
- have profound knowledge in growing microorganisms in small to large scale fermenters.
- have a proven track-record in generating and dealing with intellectual property.
- have strong negotiation skills and confidence in dealing with contracts.
- are enthusiastic about working with microbes, plant-based meat and sustainable food.
- are comfortable with working under pressure, unconventional scientific ideas and with handling unfamiliar situations and deadlines.
- are a team-player and responsibility-taker with an entrepreneurial mindset and a high level of independence.
- are creative and have a flexible mindset.
- are a high performer with keen perception and willingness to go the extra mile.
- have excellent communication skills.
- are fluent in German and English.
- are allowed to work in Switzerland (valid work permit).
Please apply with your complete application documents. Valid work permit for Switzerland is mandatory.