Posted: August 21, 2023
Closing: January 30, 2024
A few words about us!
Nutropy is a venture-backed French company that develops an animal-free plug & play milk replacement for large scale dairy applications through precision fermentation technology. We produce milk proteins and fatty acids identical to those produced by cows to enable the production of cheeses that taste as good as conventional cheese but are more sustainable, healthier and better for the animals.
At Nutropy, your job will consist of:
- Be in charge of analytical development and validation, particularly in liquid chromatography, working hand-in-hand with senior scientists
- Perform routine analysis
- Write analytical documentation in English (protocols, reports)
- Participate in strategic discussions with the senior leadership team
- Exchange with equipment suppliers; oversee maintenance and trainings
- Maintain the inventory and prepare mediums, buffer solutions and reagents
- Manage your lab notebook
- Prepare and present project results to the team
Skills we are looking for
Education & Profile:
- At least PhD or Master + 3 years of experience in chemistry, analytical chemistry, biochemistry, biotechnology, engineering or similar relevant tracks
- Track record of analytical method development, optimization and validation
- Solid understanding of analytical chemistry and theory of analytical instrumentation
- Proven problem solving and troubleshooting abilities on method or instrument issues
- Strong hands-on experience utilizing analytical equipment such as HPLC/UV/RID, UPLC, GC, …
- Bonus for experience with protein mass spectrometry
- Team player
- Able to speak French and/or English (intermediate level) and be comfortable with English scientific literature
- Independant, well organized and proactive
- Strong capacity of prioritising tasks
- Strong communication skills
- Interest for the alternative proteins domain
- Motivated to work in a dynamic start-up environment
** Interviewing process**
- We will organize 2 to 3 interview rounds with your potential direct supervisor, the CSO, and the senior leadership team, including reference checks.
How to apply
Interested in this position? Please send us your application at the link below.