Posted: November 18, 2021
Closing: February 18, 2022
Job Title: BioProcess Associate
Reporting to: Head of BioProcess Development
Location: Onsite, South San Francisco, CA
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full-Time
Clara Foods DBA The EVERY Company is looking for a talented and innovative BioProcess Associate to join our BioProcess Development department located at our Headquarter in South San Francisco, CA. As BioProcess Associate, you will have the opportunity to participate in activities directly related to different aspects of the bioprocess development and industrialization and have exposure to different technology platforms. You will have the unique opportunity to work on commercializing transformative ingredients and change the existing food system. As a member of a larger team dedicated to developing a bioprocess for production of animal proteins through precision fermentation, you will be working to improve the overall end to end productivity of our lab scale process by doing the following roles and responsibilities.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the scale up team in setting up and executing internal pilot scale downstream purification on a week-to-week basis
- Contribute and collaborate in creating BMR, SOP & any relevant documents related to DSP experiments executed
- Prepare media and reagents required for execution of downstream purifications
- Be a key stakeholder in executing complementary scale down experiments to support the manufacturing team
- Learn, support, and execute downstream processing using various methods not limited to centrifugation, filtration (UF/DF), chromatography, flocculation, precipitation, etc.
- Structure back-end data processing and convert existing SQL data into visual results and derive conclusions
- Perform assays and support the bioprocess analytical team for quick turnaround of samples generated by the team (when needed)
- Flexibility in the work schedule; in general FTE work an average of 40 hours per week with a shifting schedule as needed.
Preferred skills and abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in chemical engineering, biotechnology, microbiology, bioengineering, or any related field with 1 or 2 years of experience
- Ability to work in the lab full time and lift 50lbs of weight when necessary
- A keen eye for detail, organized and a proven ability in documenting process observations
- Must have prior experience in the lab and have good aseptic technique to work in the biosafety cabinet
- A willingness to learn and enthusiastic approach to the problems encountered in the BioProcess industry
- Basic knowledge of SQL, R, Tableau to support data processing and analysis
- Must be a good communicator and be comfortable with handling simultaneous asks
- Must be authorized to work in the United States for The EVERY Company DBA Clara Foods
What EVERY can offer:
- Generous benefits package; 100% medical, dental, and vision employee coverage, 401k matching, and stock options
- Weekly catered lunches
- Optional benefits; FSA, HSA, Commuter, Pet Care, and additional life insurance
- Flexible PTO and 10 paid company holidays per year
- Free parking, unlimited gym access, lounge, mini-golf patio, yoga, and fitness classes onsite
- Unlimited supply of sparkling water, granola bars, snacks, local coffee, and tea
- Themed happy hours and quarterly company outings
- Monthly all-hands meetings and opportunity to directly speak with CEO and leadership
- Close to South San Francisco BART and Caltrain stations, including free shuttle service
About The EVERY Company™
The EVERY Company™ is a Bay Area venture capital-backed company working towards a disruptive advance in food technology by producing animal proteins without the animal using fermentation. We join a new generation of entrepreneurs, activists and scientists who recognize that the decades-old factory farm model cannot sustain the dietary needs of 7 billion people and counting - and that technology may hold a solution.As much as the growing market demands for animal protein production exert pressure on food producers to improve their efficiencies and outputs, there is also growing public distaste for the environmental, animal welfare, and health compromises of industrial-scale animal agriculture.
The EVERY Company™ aims to subvert this moral and economic deadlock by taking the animal out of the equation. We’re bringing products to the table that are produced completely animal-free, use less land and water inputs, while matching the taste, nutritional value, and unique culinary properties of animal proteins
The EVERY Company DBA Clara Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
How to apply