Cell Culture Specialist
Posted: August 24, 2022
Closing: September 20, 2022
Ever heard of a concept called “cultured meat?” Kinda a big deal these days… We hope to succeed in bringing to people healthy and cruelty-free meat as soon as possible. If you can help us do it, check us out and apply.
About us in a nutshell🥩
We are the first European cell-based food tech startup developing cultivated pork on a microalgae base. Our unique microalgae technology aims to break down barriers to scaling and accelerating the cultivated meat industry. We are developing a porcine cell line for a proprietary hybrid media which doesn’t require FBS. It rather uses the microalgae growth factors to significantly reduce the production costs of cultivated meat.
Mewery is out there 🗞️
We have a strong team of scientists with knowledge of mammalian as well as microalgae cells and its cultivation. Now we could really use a Cell culture specialist / Tissue engineer / Cell biologist, one of those. 🤓
What we need from you🔬
You would be part of a team that is developing and optimising technological processes in the cultured meat biotech industry. The main focus is to establish highly effective and easy-to-reproduce procedures from isolation to large scale-ups of mammalian cells. Cell culture specialist will work in close interaction with team members to be able to finalise experiments under team collaboration.
- excellent at mammalian cells / primary cells / stem cells culturing
- experienced with primary cells isolation (an advantage)
- experienced in molecular biology, cell biology, biotechnology, or similar
- university degree in life sciences, medicine, veterinary medicine, or similar
- willingness to learn
- independent in the laboratory environment
- fluent in English
- establishing mammalian primary cell lines from isolation to differentiation
- present the data in front of the research team and collaborators, with recommendations, ideas, and advice
- working with different biological sources of primary cells
What you get from us🥂
Joining a startup no longer means lousy conditions for employees. Apart from basic standards such as **5 weeks' holidays **and flexible working hours, at Mewery, you will have a chance to actually be part of a really important shift in human history, at least the history of food.
Imagine working in an environment full of young and vision-driven individuals working at newly equipped 120 m2 premises, with team events now and then, and an opportunity to build a company from the early stages. Oh, and there will be ESOP options for the key employees. **So let’s Meat UP!**🤙🏻
How to apply
Send us your CV at email@example.com and let’s have a first informal chat.