Posted: March 3, 2020
We are an ambitious, growing, independent FMCG company, focused on creating the world’s leading meat-alternative business, through our market leading Quorn and Cauldron brands. We are a global business that designs, manufactures and sells our healthy protein products in the UK and internationally with annual sales turnover in excess of £200 million across 17 territories.
At Quorn we are market leaders in the meat free category. We expect to double in size in the next 5 years through investment in our products and our people both in the UK and internationally. Following acquisition in 2015 by Monde Nissin Corporation, we have ambitious plans to become a $1bn dollar Company.
There is a huge global trend towards meat reduction and this is happening for many reasons. Most people choose to reduce meat intake for health reasons, but a growing number of people now understand the impact that your food choices can have on the planet.
We are looking for people to join us who are entrepreneurial, proactive and can work at a fast pace. In return you will get the opportunity to work for a business who is making a real difference to people’s lives and the future of the planet. You will also get to reap the benefits of a business that is expanding fast and offering numerous career development paths to all its people.
The purpose of role is to ensure the Company complies with relevant external regulation and legislation as well creating monitoring systems to ensure business wide adherence to internal policies. The role holder will own and maintain the Quorn Foods Risk Register and will offer training and support to colleagues to increase understanding of regulatory requirements, compliance policies and ethical conduct across the organisation. Key stakeholders will be the Quorn Foods Executive Committee with regular interaction with Group Compliance and Audit functions.
The role will be based in Leeds and the role holder will be expected to work across all other Quorn Foods UK sites – Stokesley, Belasis, Methwold as and when required
This is not an exhaustive list of tasks and is not intended to be over prescriptive — different people will have different approaches to their job and the emphasis should be on achieving the outcomes in the best way possible.
- Monitoring business wide operations for compliance with regulatory and policy requirements
- Conduct reviews of organisational practices and operations in order to assess adherence to policies and regulations
- Implement the Risk and Governance Framework and play an active role in developing the Risk Register
- Conduct on site compliance monitoring programmes to review regulatory processes and systems and controls
- Protect IP/business assets by ensuring relevant controls are in place and adhered to
- Reporting non-compliance issues to the Chief Finance and Operating Officer and Exec Committee/Group Compliance function
- Help develop and deliver regulatory and compliance training programmes and to act as an educational and training resource on all compliance matters
- To proactively assist colleagues to fully understand regulatory requirements in order to ensure the company operates in a fully compliant manner
- Determine what policies are applicable and needed in the organisation
- Review and update procedures to reflect changes in legislation and the business
- To identify best practice within the industry and keep up to date with regulatory developments
- Strong working knowledge of regulatory and legislative policy and procedures
- Strong working knowledge of risk management, preferably with Food sector experience
- Risk Management experience/knowledge
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Application of High Ethical Standards – personal integrity and a sense of ethics to remain independent
Together with offering the opportunity to develop within a growing sustainable business we also offer:
- A Competitive Salary
- 25 days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Pension Scheme and Life Insurance Options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Program
- Staff Shop
Please visit our website: www.quorn.com for more information about our company and brand.
How to apply
Interested applicants should forward their CV & Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org