Lab Operations Manager
Posted: January 15, 2022
The EVERY Company, based in South San Francisco, is a leading VC-backed food tech ingredient company using precision fermentation to create animal proteins without the animal for the global food and beverage industry. Originally founded as Clara Foods in 2014, EVERY™ rebranded in 2021 to better convey its vision to bring animal-free proteins to everyone, everywhere. EVERY™ is a team of passionate change makers who are reimagining the factory farm model with a kinder, more sustainable alternative. Leveraging precision fermentation to produce hyper-functional and one-to-one replacement proteins from microorganisms, EVERY™ is on a mission to decouple the world’s proteins from the animals that make them.
We are a passionate, determined, (and fun!) team with a vital objective, and we're on the lookout for like-minded people to join our mission. Sound like you?
We are looking for a **Lab Operations Manager **that will help support our growth at The EVERY Company. As a vital member of the technology team, you will be involved in making sure that our lab is operating properly and that all safety protocols are being followed.
- Serve as Safety Coordinator for all of Technology.
- Make sure all safety equipment is operational and inspected at required intervals and documented.
- Make sure all employee trainings are up to date and documented.
- Oversee lab safety and regulatory compliance, including tracking of biologics, chemicals, and hazardous materials, and enforcing PPE policy and lab safety rules.
- Ensure that all equipment is operational and track preventative maintenance contracts and scheduling.
- Ensure that all equipment is seismically anchored.
- Coordinate annual laboratory permits and license renewals, and laboratory operations deliveries/shipments inside and out of labs, including waste removal.
- Ship materials domestically and internationally as needed.
- Oversee installation of any new equipment or relocation of equipment at multiple sites.
- Serve as primary contact for any emergency situations in the laboratory.
- High School Diploma with 9+ years’ experience or Associates Degree with 7+ years’ experience or Bachelors Degree with 5+ years' experience in a Biotech/Pharmaceutical lab environment.
- Experience with tissue culture and aseptic techniques for Cellular and Molecular Biology.
- Knowledge of local, state, and applicable federal regulations relating to lab safety. Specifically, knowledge of regulations concerning biohazard facilities and biological and chemical material handling.
- Direct experience with Laboratory Software Information Systems (LIMS).
- A high level of initiative, good judgment, and the ability to work with little supervision.
- Great attention to detail, including a proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously, as well as the ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
- Commitment to quality, attention to detail, and a team player mentality is a must.
Nice-to-have (but not required)
- Experience with international sample shipping and logistics.
- Experience leading or being part of a Safety/EHS team.
- Experience leading or training others on lab operations.
**What The EVERY Company can offer: **
- Generous benefits package; 100% medical, dental, and vision employee coverage, 401k matching, and stock options
- Optional benefits; FSA, HSA, Commuter, Pet Care, and additional life insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Weekly Lunches
- Free parking, unlimited gym access, lounge, mini-golf patio, yoga and fitness classes onsite
- Unlimited supply of sparkling water, granola bars, snacks, local coffee and tea ● Weekly themed happy hours and quarterly company outings ● Monthly all-hands meetings and 1:1 with CEO and leadership ● Close to South San Francisco BART and Cal Train stations, including free shuttle service
*Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are not able to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. This position is based in our South San Francisco, CA location - there is no relocation assistance offered at this time. *
The EVERY Company™ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
How to apply