Meat Product Technician
Posted: March 13, 2020
The Meat Product Technician will join a growing Food Production and Development team to characterize meat food product quality parameters and optimize product quality on existing and new product streams. The role will spend a majority of time hands on in our research and development facility performing original and analytical operations within the Product Formulations and Performance team. Experience in texture focused product development is a strong plus.
- Maintain timeline of project work and proactively communicate opportunities to team members.
- Design, coordinate and conduct sensory studies with trained and untrained panelists
- Develop and optimize meat food products
- Document and optimize experimental procedures and work processes
- Present work progress and data updates
- Analyze and report on compiled data
- Collaborate cross-functionally with scientists, engineers, and culinary experts
- Create status reports, standard operating documentation, and any other documents
- Prepare specifications for new products and formulations
- As needed, file patents or other Intellectual Property
- Assist with product sample development in test kitchen, lab, and pilot plant environments.
- B.S. in meat food science or equivalent (3 + years in CPG meat production a plus), processing or similar field with a focus in muscle, meat, or product development
- Excellent ability to articulate scientific challenges and creatively address them safely and expediently
- Working knowledge of organoleptic analysis
- Comfortable working independently and as a team
- Skilled in building new relationships with diverse individuals or organizations
- Able to work independently and still communicate well with others across teams
- Flexible, creative and clever in technical problem solving
- Excited about implementation of new technologies and thrilled to be able to develop safe, delicious meat products using new technologies and ideas
Memphis Meats is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to apply