Post doctoral scientist - stem cell derivation and development
Posted: November 25, 2022
Roslin Technologies is an ambitious, cutting‐edge biotech company focused on food and agriculture. Our mission is to advance disruptive biotechnologies to improve how we produce proteins. Alternative proteins are key for a more sustainable food system. We envision a world where we can produce animal proteins without harming our health, the planet, or animals and ensure everyone has access to affordable, nutritious proteins.
Our main focus is on developing animal cell technologies for the emerging cultivated meat sector. We develop stem cell lines using ground-breaking technologies, including induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSC). We provide these cell lines to cultivated meat producers globally who will use these cell lines to develop and produce cultivated meat. Our approach is unique to this sector both in terms of technology and business model. Our animal cell lines are playing a key role in bringing the reality of cultivated meat closer.
Our brilliant team of experts are passionate, curious, inventive and at the forefront of the ground-breaking work being accomplished in this rapidly growing, cultivated meat sector.
About the role
This role is an exciting career opportunity for a stem cell focussed post-Doctoral scientist. Our Team is deriving high quality animal stem cells, including induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSC).
We are currently expanding our team as we expand and scale up our cell line platform. As part of this, we are looking for a post-Doctoral scientist who can derive, characterise, and differentiate induced pluripotent and/or embryonic stem cells (ESC) to support our growing cell line platform.
You will be involved in the application of cutting-edge approaches to generate, develop, characterise and stem cell lines from a range of species.
This will require extensive tissue culture, cell biology and molecular biology experience.
- Undergraduate degree (BSc/MSc) and PhD in a appropriate discipline
- Experience of deriving iPSC and/or ESC
- Experience of characterising (i.e., microscopy, qPCR, FACs, ICC, karyotyping analyses) and archiving stem cell lines
- Experience in developing/executing stem cell differentiation technologies
- Proven ability to deliver a research project, including design/execution of experiments
- Proven ability to communicate complex information clearly
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Excellent organisational, communication and presentation skills
- Excellent computer skills in the use of Office software
- Industry experience of working to GMP and relevant ISO standards
- Practical experience of, and/or a strong interest in, working in the field of cultivated meat, focusing on cell line development
Roslin Technologies offers
- Competitive and attractive salary and company pension plan
- A passionate work environment focused on a fast-growing field, using ground-breaking stem cell technologies
- Strong emphasis on team performance and personal development
- Regular company events to foster our culture
How to apply
This role is for a permanent full-time contract. We will offer a competitive and attractive compensation package.
For informal enquiries, please contact
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter explaining why you have applied for the post to .