Quality Assurance Manager (remote or onsite)
Posted: June 29, 2022
EVERY™, based in South San Francisco, is a leading VC-backed food tech ingredient company using precision fermentation to create animal proteins without the animal for the global food and beverage industry. Originally founded as Clara Foods in 2014, EVERY™ rebranded in 2021 to better convey its vision to bring animal-free proteins to everyone, everywhere. EVERY™ is a team of passionate change makers who are reimagining the factory farm model with a kinder, more sustainable alternative. Leveraging precision fermentation to produce hyper-functional and one-to-one replacement proteins from microorganisms, EVERY™ is on a mission to decouple the world’s proteins from the animals that make them.
We are a passionate, determined, (and fun!) team with a vital objective, and we're on the lookout for like-minded people to join our mission. Sound like you?
Quality Assurance Manager
Primary responsibility for this position is managing the Quality
Assurance and Quality
Management Systems (QMS), liaise with the CMO’s to ensure we comply with the quality
and regulatory requirements for manufacturing our products.
- Work directly with operating entities (internal and CMOs) to ensure
meet all required quality standards and specifications or are appropriately
- Provide effective QA support for the manufacturing and disposition
- Review internal and CMO deviations, lab investigations, change controls.
- Review Specifications, Test Methods, Analytical Method Validation
Reports and Stability Protocols / Reports.
- Work with CMOs to ensure that their Quality policies adhere to cGMPs
regulatory requirements of FDA and other regulatory agencies, as required.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams comprising of technical
experts within the
R&D function as required.
- Support and ensure CMOs achieve the appropriate levels of compliance
develop plans to ensure on-going performance is maintained.
- Resolve quality issues in a timely manner. Coordinate communication
manufacturers and internal cross functional teams for quality issues.
- Establish or revise assigned internal SOPs/Guidelines applicable to
functions as well as outsourced functions to ensure compliance to cGMP.
- Ensure compliance with the Quality Systems such as change control,
investigations, corrective actions and CAPA resolutions as needed.
- Management of assigned QA operation tasks in accordance with SOPs.
- Perform QA audits/inspections (internal and external) as required and assigned.
- Manage and oversee support personnel as the team grows.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor of Arts/Sciences (BA/BS) degree, in a technical discipline
engineering, chemical, biological or food sciences) is required.
- 4+ years’ experience in a cGMP regulated environment, with exhibited
or proficiency in Quality Assurance. Direct management experience in Quality
within a manufacturing environment is highly desirable.
- Organizational and management skills to communicate to
groups. Ability to speak, present data, and defend approaches in front of audiences
- Well versed in food safety standards (example FSSC 22000, SQF, BRC),
guidelines and PCQI / HACCP certified.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to
multiple projects, tasks, and responsibilities.
- Experience leading audits or preparing for own institution’s audit
- Ability to work at a fast-paced organization, be agile and adaptable.
- Ability to successfully and consistently meet deadlines while
to detail and adhering to our company mission and values.
- Role will require possible international travel (20 - 25%).
- Must be authorized to work in the United States for EVERY™.
What EVERY™ can Offer for Full-Time Positions:
- Generous benefits package; 100% medical, dental, and vision employee coverage, 401k matching, and stock
- Optional benefits; FSA, HSA, Commuter, Pet Care, and additional life insurance
- Flexible PTO and 14 paid company holidays per year
- Parental Leave: 10 weeks of parental leave and 6 weeks of childbirth leave
- Free parking, unlimited gym access, lounge, mini-golf patio, yoga and fitness classes onsite
- Unlimited supply of sparkling water, granola bars, snacks, local coffee and tea
- Weekly virtual happy hours & lunches
- Monthly all-hands meetings and 1:1 with CEO and leadership
- Close to South San Francisco BART and CalTrain stations, including free shuttle service
EVERY™ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are not able to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
How to apply