Research Associate (Cell Line Development)
Posted: March 13, 2020
At the forefront of farming and food, Memphis Meats is innovating new ways to produce real meat, without the need to breed, feed and slaughter animals. Our process begins with an animal cell, which is cultivated and harvested as meat. Memphis Meats is a mission-driven company focused on bringing to meat lovers an authentic product that is truly humane, sustainably produced, nutritious and delicious! We are now expanding our team of dedicated professionals across disciplines to make better meat for a better world.
About this job
The R&D Research Associate (Cell Line Development) will be responsible for establishing and characterizing new cell lines. The R&D Research Associate should be capable of designing, troubleshooting, and executing experiments independently while employing critical thinking and organizational skills. This laboratory-based position requires performing experiments/assays on a daily basis, followed by analysis and interpretation of the data. You should be creative, enthusiastic, and a self-manager.
- Cell culture techniques including transfection technique and single-cell cloning
- Design, set-up, and execution of experiments independently or with guidance from team/project lead
- Routine cell culture assay (Immunostaining, protein/DNA quantification...)
- Proficient data collection, management, interpretation, and presentation
- BS/BA/MS in cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, bioengineering or closely related science with 2+ years of cell and preferentially molecular experience
- Experience in maintenance of a variety of cell lines and transfection methods
- Experience in tissue engineering is a plus
- Experience with various cell-based assays (flow cytometry, viability, immunofluorescence, growth assay) is a plus
- Experiences with molecular techniques such as RNA and DNA extraction, PCR, qPCR and cloning is a plus
- Competent with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Detail-oriented and organized laboratory notebook keeping of experimental designs and results
- Fosters a team environment by collaborating scientifically with team members
- Ability to work in a high paced team environment, meeting deadlines.
Memphis Meats is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to apply