Senior Automation Specialist, High Throughput Screening
Posted: March 6, 2022
The EVERY Company, based in South San Francisco, is a leading VC-backed food tech ingredient company using precision fermentation to create animal proteins without the animal for the global food and beverage industry. Originally founded as Clara Foods in 2014, EVERY™ rebranded in 2021 to better convey its vision to bring animal-free proteins to everyone, everywhere. EVERY™ is a team of passionate change makers who are reimagining the factory farm model with a kinder, more sustainable alternative. Leveraging precision fermentation to produce hyper-functional and one-to-one replacement proteins from microorganisms, EVERY™ is on a mission to decouple the world’s proteins from the animals that make them.
We are a passionate, determined, (and fun!) team with a vital objective, and we're on the lookout for like-minded people to join our mission. Sound like you?
Senior Automation Specialist, HTS
If you have a passion for sustainability and working with robots, this is a great opportunity on our team for you! We are looking for a Senior Automation Specialist to help support our High Throughput Screening team at The EVERY Company. As a vital member of our team, you will be impacting our screening program through the use of lab automation, biology, and programming.
- Participate in HTP screening program using Qpix and Biomek i7 robots.
- Quantify cell growth and protein production from yeast strains.
- Analyze and report results of HTP screening experiments.
- Document experimental results and share with team members.
- Maintain supply inventory for all HTP-related consumables.
- Develop processes on Biomek i7, QPix, and SpectraMax M2 plate reader.
- Collaborate with creative, innovative scientists.
- Work with the company’s safety committee as needed.
- Assist or manage service visits from third party vendors to support our high-throughput equipment.
- BS/MS or higher in a biology-related discipline with 3-5+ years of assay automation of robotic liquid handling workstations.
- Experience in design, implementation, and validation of liquid handling processes on Biomek i7, QPix, and SpectraMax M2 plate reader.
- Familiar with standard synthetic biology techniques such as RE digestion and ligations, agarose gel analysis, PCR, Gibson cloning, and bacterial and yeast transformation, PAGE analysis.
- Creativity, analytical thinking, and the ability to troubleshoot and solve problems while maintaining a positive attitude.
- A mindset to optimize processes and troubleshoot errors, as well as create tools that make our workflow easier and more efficient.
- Ability to manage and contribute to multiple concurrent projects and to adapt to changing priorities.
- Comfortable working within a small, collaborative team, passionate about changing the world of food.
- Experience and interest in lab safety, e.g. handling hazmat, chemical hygiene, compliance, training, etc. is strongly preferred.
The Every Company offers highly competitive salaries and benefits, including medical and dental insurance, paid time off, and 401(k)
*Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are not able to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job. *
*In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. *
*This position is based in our South San Francisco, CA location - there is no relocation assistance offered at this time. *
The EVERY Company™ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
How to apply