Senior Software Engineer
Posted: May 7, 2020
Interested in making an impact on the way meat is produced? We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join Memphis Meats as the first member of our software engineering team. As the founding member of this team, you will play a key role in helping Memphis Meats build, from the ground up, the team, software, and data systems that will run our R&D, Process Development, and Manufacturing operations. We are looking for someone with hands-on experience building software that interacts with the physical world in a lab or manufacturing environment. You should be service-oriented, self-directed, able to make strong architectural decisions, fluent in front- and back-end engineering, and enthusiastic about working in a fast-paced start-up environment. Excellent communication skills are a must.
- Designing, building, testing, deploying, and maintaining software applications that will run our labs, including both front- and back-ends
- Working closely with scientists and other lab personnel to ensure excellent user experience
- Working closely with the data engineering team to ensure excellent data modeling and data capture
- Implementing software engineering best-practices
- B.S. + 8 years of software engineering experience using one or more general purpose programming languages, or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience with front- and back-end development
- Able to work anywhere in the technical stack, delivering quality code on the backend
- Experience working on Laboratory Information Management System(s) (LIMS), or other software that drives a lab/manufacturing environment
- Able to make strong architectural decisions
- Able to write well-tested, high-performance, production-quality codeExperience with CI/CD
- Team player, excellent communicator, and a fast learner
Nice to have
- Experience in pharma or biotech
- Experience with workflow management systems (Airflow, Luigi, etc.)
- Experience writing software in a regulated environment
- Production experience with graph databases
At the forefront of farming and food, Memphis Meats is innovating new ways to produce real meat, without the need to breed, feed and slaughter animals. Our process begins with an animal cell, which is cultivated and harvested as meat. Memphis Meats is a mission-driven company focused on bringing to meat lovers an authentic product that is truly humane, sustainably produced, nutritious and delicious! We are now expanding our team of dedicated professionals across disciplines to make better meat for a better world.
Memphis Meats is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to apply