VP / SVP of Operations, Engineering & Technology
Posted: August 18, 2022
Closing: October 31, 2022
About Air Protein
At Air Protein, we’re passionate about creating a new food system–one that pushes the boundaries of what anyone thought was possible and builds a healthy relationship between our food and our planet. This is a new era of sustainable production; we can use less and make more. Join our team of passionate scientists, engineers, and business leaders working to create the future of food—meat made from elements of the air.
As an innovative food company, we are crafting the world’s first air-based, non-animal meats to eliminate compromise between nutrition, taste, and climate impact. Using novel technology inspired by NASA, we convert elements found in the air into protein. Air Protein’s process is carbon-negative by design, using less land and water than animal meat production, and is powered by renewable energy. It’s where cutting-edge science meets bold ambition to reinvent the way we eat.
We’re currently seeking a *VP / SVP of Operations, Engineering & Technology *to join our extraordinary team
- *Are you passionate about scaling process technology, from lab scale to commercial? *
- Do you have experience managing capital projects and plant operations?
- Are you skilled at optimizing pilot and demonstration plants?
- Do you love creating a culture of safety on your teams?
- Have you worked with hydrogen and/or have robust knowledge of PSM?
If you answered yes to these questions, then WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!
Benefits & Perks:
In addition to the chance to work with a world-class team and cutting-edge technology to help combat climate change and address the impending food crisis, Air Protein employees also enjoy competitive benefits. We offer unlimited PTO, parental leave, 401K match, and compensation plans that include employee equity. Air Protein invests in employee development and the company culture is shaped by shared values:
- Protect people & the planet
- Play as a team and have a growth mindset
- Do what you say you will do
- Be the change you seek
- Create a culture of belonging
The* VP / SVP of Operations, Engineering & Technology *primary role will be to oversee the development and scale up of Air Protein’s bioprocess to make novel ingredients from bench to pilot to commercial production. This includes overseeing the facility/plant builds, plant operations, and process optimization from H2 bioconversion through downstream processing. This position will be located in the SF/Bay Area and requires candidates to live in commutable distance to our facilities. Relocation offered.
- Lead scale-up engineering, design, and operations
- Oversee capital projects, facility, and plant builds
- Optimize full process for ingredient production
- Oversee further development & scaling of the technology
- Oversee engineering and technology R&D of CO2/H2 bioprocessing, downstream processing, PSM, and bioreactor design
- Degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 20+ years of leadership experience in diverse technology & engineering environments
- 10+ years of supervising teams
- Experience with Hydrogen and/or strong Process Safety Management (PSM) expertise
Skills & Qualities:
- Strong leadership in safety, demonstrated
- Demands excellence in execution
- Able to develop new systems / scale up innovations
- Able to build and manage strong teams
Check us out in the media, news, and in the community:
- Forbes: The Meatless Mafia: Four Companies Revolutionizing the Future of Food
- World Economic Forum: Air Protein Named WEF Technology Pioneer
- TED Talk: A forgotten Space Age Technology Could Change How We Grow Food
- Bloomberg: Crop Trader ADM Pours Money Into Firm Making Meat Out of Air
Air Protein is an equal opportunity employer
At Air Protein, we are committed to providing equal opportunities. Because we want the absolute best people, we enthusiastically invite people of every race, color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability – or any other status protected by law – to apply to join our team! Research has shown that women and people from marginalized groups may not apply for a role if they aren't a 100% match. Please don't hold back. If you think you will excel in this role, but perhaps you don’t tick every box, we'd appreciate the opportunity to consider your application.
How to apply
Please Apply Directly To The Link Below