- Over the next two years, many cultivated meat startups will bring products to market leading to acquisitions and IPOs as the industry matures. Looking toward this future, it’s worth considering how valuable these companies could be.
- UK-based startup CellulaREvolution has announced new funding to accelerate development of their technology which promises to solve key scalability challenges in cell-based meat production.
- Investor and author Jim Mellon talks one-on-one with Doug Grant, host of the Brave New Meat podcast, to discuss his new book, Moo’s Law, and the investment opportunity in cultivated meat.
- VegMed Web 2021
February 28-March 2, 2021
- Giants Weekly Deep Dive: Digging into cellag
March 2, 2021
- Science and Technology for Meat Analogues
March 3-4, 2021
- Cellular Agriculture and the Canadian Regulatory Framework
March 4, 2021
- The Agrarian Revolution: Opportunities in Alternative Proteins
March 4, 2021
Retail sales of fluid cow’s milk are decreasing while those of plant-based milk analogues are increasing. In this study, we model the relationship between households’ purchases of both types of… read more
Metabolic engineering of mammalian cells has to-date focused primarily on biopharmaceutical protein production or the manipulation of native metabolic processes towards therapeutic aims. However,… read more
Advances in farming technology and intensification of animal agriculture increase the cost-efficiency and production volume of meat. Thus, in developed nations, meat is relatively inexpensive and… read more
What we eat greatly influences our personal health and the environment we all share. Recent analyses have highlighted the likely dual health and environmental benefits of reducing the fraction of… read more
Replacement of animal-based products with plant-based products promotes environmental sustainability and reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases and type 2 diabetes. Consumers are aware of… read more
Food’s environmental impacts are created by millions of diverse producers. To identify solutions that are effective under this heterogeneity, we consolidated data covering five environmental… read more
The negative impacts of meat consumption for animals, the environment, and human health are more pressing than ever. Although some evidence points to an ongoing reduction in meat consumption in… read more