Much attention has been given to the innovators producing plant- and cell-based alternatives to traditionally animal-based foods, but less recognized are the ones developing serums and mixes in which those proteins can grow. Some of the most creative are using ancient and simple components—including algae and mycelia—to make the foundations for animal protein alternatives.
Protein Report Sponsor-Partners
- Japan is forging a unique development path for cellular agriculture — one in which no one is left behind and anyone interested can get involved in helping create an open, inclusive future for the technology. This is the story of the Shojinmeat Project and how a citizen science experiment came to have big impact on national policy.
Brave New Meat podcast host Doug Grant talks with Michael Aucoin, CEO of alternative protein investment firm Eat Beyond Global Holdings. As a publicly traded stock on the Canadian Securities Exchange, Eat Beyond (CSE: EATS) is currently one of the only options available offering retail investors early exposure to emerging alt protein startups and technologies.
Around the Web
- SynBioBeta 2023
May 23-25, 2023
Oakland, United States
- THAIFEX – Anuga Asia 2023
May 23-27, 2023
- Plant-Based Foods & Proteins Summit Europe
June 7-8, 2023
The Hague, Netherlands
- Canada SynBio
June 13-15, 2023
- Future Food-Tech Alternative Proteins
June 27-28, 2023
New York, United States
- Fermentation-Enabled Alternative Protein Summit Europe
July 11-13, 2023