This one-week, half-day virtual course will include:
- Introduction to Cultivated Meat Research
- Structure and Physiology of Meat
- Cell Lines and Tissue Culture
- Media Development
- Bioprocessing Platforms and Bioreactor Design
- Product Development
- Regulatory Considerations
- Nutrition, Quality and Consumer Preferences
- Technoeconomic Analyses
- Discussion of Future Research Directions
Instructors: The course will be hosted by the UC Davis Biotechnology Program and feature faculty researchers participating in the UC Davis Cultivated Meat Consortium.
Format: This course is offered live via remote instruction using the Zoom platform. Log-in instructions to access the course are included on your enrollment confirmation which will be emailed to you after you register.
A recording of this course will be available for a limited time for those who are unable to attend the live session. By enrolling in the course, you agree to being recorded for the purposes of instruction.
Course Schedule: The course is scheduled from Sept. 13-17 from 9am-12pm (PDT). Optional afternoon and evening networking and panel discussions may be added to the schedule. A final course schedule will be shared with participants prior to the start of the course.