15 Jul. 2021 - The Mills Fabrica is thrilled to launch a new report - “Synthetic Biology Opportunities in Fashion and Food”. Synthetic biology, short for synbio, a new discipline within modern biotechnology that aims to precisely design and redesign new and existing biological systems. This enables the creation of new products with specific, customized functions, offering promising solutions to various industry challenges, including developing bio-based dyes to minimize the use of toxic chemical dyes, creating alternative proteins to reduce the reliance on livestock farming, and more.
The synbio sector is expected to have high growth potential, projecting to grow at 24% CAGR to 2025.
This report serves as a starting guide for industry players and investors interested in getting involved in the synbio space, offering key insights in three focus areas:
- The emergence of synbio – explaining how synbio works, identifying key drivers that contribute to the recent synbio boom
- Innovation trends in fashion and food – explores innovation trends within the fashion and food industries, discussing how industry issues are addressed in the following categories:
- Fashion - new materials, textile processing
- Food - agriculture, food additives & ingredients, alternative proteins
- Building impactful collaborations – illustrates the key steps involved when forming corporate-startup collaborations, highlighting the synergies and values brought about via corporate-startup collaborations
If you are interested to learn more, download the full report here.
For media enquires, please contact:
Research, The Mills Fabrica
About The Mills Fabrica
The Mills Fabrica is an open platform for technology and lifestyle (“Techstyle”) innovations in industries like apparel/ textiles and ag/ food. The Mills Fabrica consisting of an incubator, VC fund and an innovation space/ lab/ store. Fabrica’s mission is to invest in and support companies who will accelerate the transition into a more sustainable future through innovation and to become a “go-to” platform for Techstyle innovation. For additional information, please visit http://www.themillsfabrica.com.