Ruschlikon, 06/22/2021: Swiss Thinktank Gottlieb Duttweiler Institute announces the launch of their new yearly International Food Innovation Conference.
This conference is an annual gathering on the future of nutrition. It covers technical innovation as well as societal changes in the ecosystem of food. It aims to put current trends into a high-level context and to develop long-term perspectives for all stakeholders involved. The full day conference focuses on broad trends and features thought leaders, experts and startups. It is followed by a deep-dive event for the business community on the second day.
On 29 June acclaimed thought leaders will join established industry leaders as well as representatives of some of the most promising start-ups to discuss "Farms, Labs and Beyond: Fixing a Broken Food System". Participants of the congress will be introduced to cutting-edge research, revolutionary new business models and smart thinkers, presenting the latest in food innovation. Among the confirmed speakers are:
- Paul Shapiro (US), author of the bestseller "Clean Meat", a four-time TEDx speaker, and CEO of The Better Meat Co.
- Lord Adair Turner (GB), chairman of the British Energy Transitions Commission and Senior Fellow of the Institute for New Economic Thinking
- Sjaak Wolfert (NL), theme ambassador for Digital Innovation in Agri-Food at Wageningen University & Research
- Chris Smaje (GB), author of the book "A Small Farm Future" and board member of the Ecological Land Co-op
- Emma Slack (CH), Professor of Food Immunology at ETH Zurich
- Martin Zehnder (CH), Category Manager Meat, Migros
- Costa Yiannoulis (GB), co-founder and managing partner at CPT Capital, a start-up investor
- Przemek Obloj (CH), managing partner at impact investor Blue Horizon
- David Bosshart (CH), executive advisor of the Gottlieb Duttweiler Institute
- Founders of leading start-ups that are disrupting agriculture with cell-based products
Further information and a sign-up can be found at https://gdi.ch/ific21.
The second day of this year's International Food Innovation Conference will be dedicated to "Enabling the Cell-Based Food Revolution". In this exclusive platform for the cell-based food industry, Swiss companies Migros, Bühler and Givaudan are co-hosting an online event and inviting start-ups and industry to bring together a wide range of expertise spanning this domain. The aim of this application-only online gathering is to offer the community at the forefront of food innovation a high-profile networking environment for interaction and evolution.
For application please contact [email protected].
The Gottlieb Duttweiler Institute (GDI) is an independent think tank in economics, society and consumption. The trend research institute based in Rüschlikon near Zurich is the oldest think tank in Switzerland.